1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL Radio talk on Barron, top of draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by honyock, Apr 23, 2012.

1. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,403 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    I heard the mid-day NFL radio guys talkng draft while driving to work today. They interviewed a LA Times NFL writer (didn't catch his name), about his mock draft, what he is hearing Nd his thoughts on round 1. He made a fe interesting observations:

--Said that if Kalil slides past Minnesota at 3, he could slide all the way to Buffalo at 10. Said that several NFL people he's talked to see Kalil as a good starter in the league, not a Pro Bowler. If Kalil slides to Buffalo, he believes they would gladly snap him up. Might get Barron past one speed bump to sliding to the Cowboys.

--said that aside of the top-of-the-draft elite players, Barron seems to be as hot as anyone. Said he could see Barron going top 10, several teams ahead of the Cowboys are interested. Made the point that has been made here, that a safety who can cover tight ends is extremely valuable in today's league andthat is driving up his value.

--said he thought Weedon might go higher than anyone expects, especially if Tannehill goes early. So he could possibly be a trade-up target for someone.
  2. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,264 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    I just have a feeling that Philly trades up for Barron. I think Buffalo takes Gilmore.

I think at 14 we are looking at Brockers, Poe or Kirkpatrick.

Cox - Carolina
    Barron - Philly in a trade up with Seattle
    DeCastro - Cardinals
  3. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Philly FO isn't that smart...they may trade up but it will be for a reach pick
  4. DBOY3141

3,264 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    Barron wouldn't be a reach.

Most of the "experts" are saying he is a top 10 talent in this draft. Too move from 15 to 11, won't be reach IMO.
  5. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,487 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    He is saying he doesn't think they would be trading up for Barron.

I don't either. I think if they trade up it will be for front seven help.
  6. DBOY3141

3,264 Messages
    538 Likes Received

Just caught that. My mistake.
  7. da_boyz_mk

da_boyz_mk How 'Bout Dem Cowboys

2,125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I heard something similar. Might have been on NFL Network how the vikings are looking hard at Claiborne instead of Kalil. I think if Kalil gets past #3 then that might really shake things up in the 1st half of round one.
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,068 Messages
    1,225 Likes Received
    If that's the case, then I can see why there's talk of us trading up. Barron > Brocker/Poe + 3rd round pick
  9. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I agree..that's why it don't make sense...Philly is horrible on 1st rd draft picks
  10. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Bingo we have a winner ...Bob tell him what he has won:D

I have been trying like heck to show some of our fan base the logic of it and that in this draft especially moving up and being aggressive will be a good thing
  11. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,403 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    Yeah, he made that point, that Minnesota at 3 is the key to how the first round goes. If they go Claiborne instead of Kalil, it really ripples down and makes things even more unpredictable.
  12. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,261 Messages
    702 Likes Received
    I think we should take Ingram if he slides to 14,i hope the cowboys dont get into this short arms baloney.
  13. da_boyz_mk

da_boyz_mk How 'Bout Dem Cowboys

2,125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've been back and forth on Ingram countless times. Right now I'm not that high on him especially at 14. Plus with Spencer re-signing I think a 1st round OLB won't be given much thought.

One thing surprising to me is that I rarely hear Ingram connected with the Cowboys. I've heard ILB Hightower mentioned more as an OLB with the cowboys than Ingram.
  14. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,261 Messages
    702 Likes Received
    IT is surprising we have never heard anything linking Ingram to us,i think Spencer signing his franchise tender should not dissuade us from looking for his replacement at all.If they think there is a guy in this draft who is will be better than Spencer then they should draft him now and let him learn the position .