1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL reports Andy Reid has interest in Monte K.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jr40usa, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,386 Messages
    8,280 Likes Received
    If he wants to return to the NFL, why would he turn down the Chiefs?
  2. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,778 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    Andy probably wanted his offensive lineman coach to be his understudy.
  3. Omegasupreme

Omegasupreme Member

248 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Was it Norv or Tina who sang "What's Lovie got to do, got to do with it?"
  4. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,068 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    Agree, and say what your will about Rob’s schemes, but he could get the player’s fired up.

I’m wondering how they respond behind a dinosaur and a robot.
  5. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Kiffin was TB's DC from 1996-2008. Do you know how many times the were a Top 10 D? Every year except '96 & '05. The most points his D allowed I this timeframe was the 22ppg in '05. This man still had really good D's when he left EVEN THOUGH the front office never replaced his star guys.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,710 Messages
    2,382 Likes Received
    Great post.
  7. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,018 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    how has the game passed him by?why does everyone keep saying that?

He is widely considered to be one of the preeminent defensive coordinators in modern football,[1] as well as one of the greatest defensive coordinators in NFL history.[2] Father of the widely imitated “Tampa Cover 2” defense, Kiffin's philosophy is one of the most influential in modern college and pro football.

Yeah, I grabbed the quote from Wiki, but it doesn't change what are the facts.
  8. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    So, I guess there is NO WAY you guys would want that dinosaur LeBeau.
  9. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,710 Messages
    2,382 Likes Received
    I will be honest. Yes, I would want him, but if I can his disciple Ray Horton instead, I'd prefer that. Same here. I would rather take his disciple, Lovie Smith.
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,069 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Kiffen is a great defensive mind no question about it... However I question the cover two back end with the current crop of cornerbacks on this team.
  11. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Probably because he knows he has the Cowboys job if he wants it, and Garrett impressed him at Tampa Bay.

I also heard that he and Jim Washburn were at each other's throats in Philly and he was throwing coaches under the bus weekly at the end of last year, so maybe Andy isn't that beloved among the defensive coaching fraternity at the moment.
  12. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    1. Jerry probably will pay more
    2. Jerry's dome vs. KC outdoors in Decemeber
  13. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,794 Messages
    2,191 Likes Received
    People are crazy not to want Kiffin as a D Coordinator.

The guy can flat out coach defense.

As for us having corners that are good in man-to-man... Kiffin would play man-to-man a lot. It wouldn't be all zone all the time.

He is known for getting the most out of his secondary, even when he doesn't have the best athletes. I think he'd be fine with having very good corners instead of average ones. Shouldn't hurt too much.
  14. munkee

munkee Member

342 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    That was supposed to say "wasn't".
  15. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,373 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    that would be Harrison.
  16. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,925 Messages
    966 Likes Received
    No worries, I do that all the time.
  17. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,068 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    ...Consider that, from 1955 (when USC started keeping official statistics) through 2009, no USC team ever allowed more than an average of 386.5 yards per game. Then came Coach Lane Kiffin and his father and defensive guru, Monte. The Trojans allowed a record average of 400.0 yards in 2010. That average dropped to 374.8 last year, but now USC opponents are averaging 406.4 yards per game. USC could well be on their way to breaking that dubious record for a second time in three years. The Trojans finish the regular season with three opponents who average more than 400 yards per game this season: Arizona State (457.8), UCLA (514.9) and Notre Dame (404.4). It’s actually USC’s run defense that has taken the biggest dip so far. USC opponents averaged 128.2 rushing yards per game in 2009, 140.5 in 2010, 111.4 in 2011 and 156.9 this season. In terms of pass defense, the numbers go: 212.3 in 2009, 259.5 in 2010, 263.3 in 2011 and 249.6 this season. For the sake of completion, points allowed per game goes: 19.8 in 2009, 26.7 in 2010, 23.6 in 2011 and 24.2 this season.
  18. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

757 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Monte would be JJ best hire.
  19. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

757 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Please stop with the age. The man can flat coach defense that is all I care about.