1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL Rule change

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by crazytown41, Feb 5, 2012.

1. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,131 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    12 men on the field penalty and you don't even reset the clock? Giants killed 8 seconds for a 5 yard penalty.

Surprised this isn't changed already. Really unfair
  2. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

1,173 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Agreed, I was going to say the same thing. You could tell Collinsworth was pausing to see if the clock would be reset. That should be the rule.
  3. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,892 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    That gifted the SuperBowl to the Giants.

I was overly confident with a minute left Brady would get it done, give him those seconds back and I believe he does.
  4. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,131 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    According to Pereira you cant commit the same penalty twice successively or else the other team is awarded a TD. So you can't keep doing it but still. Even doing it once is a HUGE advantage.
  5. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received

It just doesn't make any sense to me. Why do you penalize the offense? If they declined the penalty, I would understand. But they accepted a penalty. That shouldn't hurt them.
  6. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,140 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    You can't let the offense run the play and then give them the time back because the play didn't work.
  7. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,451 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Then just do it every other play.

11 vs 12 one play.
    11 vs 11 the next.
    11 vs 12 (or 46, haven't checked if that's illegal substitution) the next.
    11 vs 11 the next.
    etc.
  8. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received

Why not? Why can't you let the offense run a play and attempt to get yards and then give them the 5 yards if it fails, but not let the offense run a play and keep the clock in their favor?

It's like your willing to concede yardage, b/c the defense was at fault. But not time on the clock. That doesn't make sense to me.