1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL Rumors: Dallas Cowboys’ No.1 Prospect Alabama’s Chance Warmack

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Gryphon, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,407 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    Ron Leary says hi :laugh2:
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,541 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    I love Warmack and think he could dominate in any scheme but they could probably move down and pick up Dallas Thomas who can play four positions better than what they have now, and is battle tested versus SEC competion. If they stay where they are I'd love to see Jake Matthews fall to them. Free has to go, yesterday.
  3. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,246 Messages
    4,189 Likes Received
    This is my thinking as well. I'd prefer this but I'd modify that to the best FA OL, move Free to G and draft accordingly.
  4. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I'd be happy with Warmack or Matthews. I'd really be happy with Demontre Moore though. We would need a top ten pick for him though.

Imagine Ware and Moore on our defense.
  5. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    The OL needs a veteran presence. Smith and Free's best years were when they had Kosier next to them.

I really wish the team would have thought about Dan Koppen this year. He's started 7 games for Denver this year. He's on a 1 year deal, but Denver has a ton of centers on their roster.

He's older (33) and probably wouldn't be part of the future, but he might help transition a rookie at center and provide some veteran stability to the line.
  6. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    For what it is worth, Broaddus has been dismissive of the idea of Free at guard. Says his height and strength (or lack of) would make him a poor fit.

I think I'd cut Free and go after Sebastian Vollmer if he hit FA.