1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL Rumors: Is Jon Gruden heading to the Dallas Cowboys?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    By Eric Schmidt

Mediocrity is not something that sits well with Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, and in recent years, he’s seen plenty of it from his team on the field. In fact since the Cowboys last Super Bowl win in 1995, Dallas has posted a tepid 141-140 overall record. Dallas finished the 2012 season at 8-8, while a .500 record would have been welcome in say, Jacksonville this season, another average finish is not sitting well with Jones. He took to the airwaves on Wednesday and said that changes are definitely coming for the Cowboys this offseason. After publicly issuing his support of head coach Jason Garrett, you have to wonder if perhaps Jones hasn’t been talking to former head coach Jon Gruden behind the scenes.

Gruden was rumored to be assembling a coaching staff behind the scenes for the last several weeks. On Black Monday, it was reported by CBS Sports that the former Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach was open to interviewing with NFL teams and had been quietly contacted by clubs in recent weeks. With seven coaching vacancies open and the interviewing process in full swing, Gruden has not been linked to any interviews with any franchises looking for a coach. Why?

LINK TO REST OF ARTICLE: http://www.thepigskinreport.com/2013/01/nfl-rumors-is-jon-gruden-heading-to-the-dallas-cowboys/
  2. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I did not write the article!
  3. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,076 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    Do it Jerry.....
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,117 Messages
    5,596 Likes Received
    it's a little weird his name has not been attached to other jobs. maybe something is going on behind the scenes. i'd rather keep garrett than hire chucky.
  5. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Oh offseason.....:)
  6. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,604 Messages
    18 Likes Received

:laugh2:

You might want to duck anyway.

Craig
  7. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,062 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    I agree..do it.
  8. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,691 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    This stuff gets old real quick... Smh!!
  9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,500 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Except when the alternative is to hire another GM.
  10. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,355 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Sell his soul for another championship.
  11. erickb

erickb Member

194 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Hey neither did I but my name is Erick Schmidt! lol
  12. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Too late. The rules for soul selling strictly forbid attempting to sell a soul more than one time.
  13. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,526 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Me too.

This guy won a SB with Dungy's team and then proceeded to dismantle the Tampa Bay Bucs.

No to Chucky.
  14. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,627 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Not surprising all these rumors coming out about us looking for a head coach. Sean Payton and Jon gruden were the only two coaches I'd like if Garrett was fired. Lets see if this article has some truth to it....
  15. ragman

ragman Member

208 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Pass on Chucky, Jerry!
  16. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,034 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    I disagree, I like Gruden. I hope this happens. He worked in similar a similar situation in oakland, went to the conf title game and lost. then won a ring with brad johnson as QB (TB), so I think he can make it work.
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,843 Messages
    2,046 Likes Received
    Same.. Not that I like Garrett. I just don't want to be stuck with someone else I'm not to much of a fan of from an X's and O's standpoint.
  18. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
  19. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
  20. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,488 Messages
    869 Likes Received
    I may be in the minority but what did Gruden really ever do after winning a Super Bowl in Tampa with Dungy's team? Tampa was irrelevant seemingly every season after that.

I don't get all excited over Gruden coming here. Sure he's a different attitude and approach to the game than Garrett but will the results be there?