1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL Rumors: Is Jon Gruden heading to the Dallas Cowboys?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,086 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    We don’t need some overrated prima donna coach to go with our prima donna owner. I’m glad this will not happen.
  2. Denim Chicken

3,086 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    Exactly.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    I have no issues with Gruden I think he is a quality HC. If it where my call I would stay with Garrett at least one more season and of course that goes back to my own view that you hire a man as a HC you give him at least 3 years before you even think about hiring someone else.

If a HC like Gruden was hired I would expect no less than a 3 to 5 year contract to allow him to do the job.

Hiring a HC should have nothing to do with peoples perception of the window closing it should be looked at as a long term proposition
  4. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    Why not we had Jimmy Johnson. That is not a knock on Jimmy but the man ego was large.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I wonder what Garrett would do with a washed up Jeff Garcia and Bruce Gradkowski at QB.
  6. Denim Chicken

3,086 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    Jimmy was neither overrated or a fame-whore
  7. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,499 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    Valid point, but you should also mention that Gruden built one heck of a team in Oakland before he shipped off to the Bucs, plus if he came to Dallas he could just keep Callahan (his OC at Oakland) on staff to help him transition in,
  8. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,076 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    What did Gruden do other than winning a Super Bowl? Is this a trick question?
  9. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,545 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    ditto
  10. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,499 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    He would teach them about the process of course. :p:
  11. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    Jimmy was not a fame whore? :lmao:

Overrated tends to be ones personal view. You say Gruden is overrated? Whose rating are you going by?
  12. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,277 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Well, technically, yeah. But you can always try to buy it back.

Warm up that fiddle, Jer.
  13. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    id give red one more year

if 8-8 again i say jerry hires brian kelly from ND
  14. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,348 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    If you actually spend the 10-15 minutes it requires to study Grudens accomplishments, you will quickly find out that he was far more successful than he's given credit for.

Dude gets a bad rap. When in reality he has some pretty darn good skins on the wall
  15. Denim Chicken

3,086 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    People who put him on the same level as Cower or other top coaches. It's indeed my personal opinion, but I think he is horrible with personnel, can't develop young players, and I flat-out don't like his persona.
  16. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    they can have mine I'm not using it.
  17. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  18. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,473 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Gruden's offense fits the talent, the asset " Tony Romo". This is what JJ is looking at. An offense that plays to Tony's strengths and limits turnovers.

Gruden would be a major upgrade. His version of the "Walsh" West Coast would benefit Tony Romo and our O-line immediately. The Garrett version of Air Coryell abandons the run game, runs deep routes and we can't sustain the blocks. We have been eliminated in every major elimination game and playoff game with a heavy dose of the blitz. J Garrett's version of Coryell has NO ANSWERS! He has had six years to adjust and he refuses to do so. He could have adopted a more run heavy Norv style of the offense to fit the goods; instead he chose to run it Martz Style with a Gunslinger QB and a O-line built through FA. LOL what a stubborn ***.

Give us the WCO that Gruden ran with Gannon, Callahan has worked for Gruden before and we could see immediate benefits. The ones who say Gruden won with Dungy's team...might also say the Callahan coached Raiders made it to the SB with Gruden's team and Grudens playbook .

Bring in John Gruden...Say hello to the NFC Championship game next year.
  19. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    I agree with the gist here. I find it strange that both Gruden and Holmgren haven't been mentioned more. I know they have limitations...getting one out of booth and age for other but you mean to tell me more teams would rather try and find a hot coordinator that has no experience vs one of these two? Strange is all I'm saying.
  20. Bwareinrings94

Bwareinrings94 Active Member

544 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    Garrett not going anywhere. Nothing to see here.