1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL: Sean Lee determined to play in all Cowboys games

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NewsBot, Jan 19, 2014.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,280 Messages
    3,596 Likes Received
    Lee isn't going anywhere.
  2. CowboysLegend365

CowboysLegend365 Active Member

306 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Heard this before somewhere.
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,027 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Please... China doll hasn't played in all 16 yet.
  4. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

1,717 Messages
    735 Likes Received
    I'll take Skov as well. He could fall due to his last injury.
  5. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I really like Lee and is one of the few players on the team that I respect for giving it his all. With that being said, his injury problems makes him undependable and I would have had had to think long and hard before I would have gave him a long term contract. I expect injuries to continue to be a problem and investing in a LB without these injury issues should have been considered.
  6. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,674 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    He'll make a great LB coach someday.
  7. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,546 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    Yeah Lee is the best player Dallas has period. When he got hurt in Chicago he wanted to go back in both times, the trainers kept him out. He is literally involved in every running play and virtually every short to medium pass. He took a thigh to the head as he came in for a tackle. How many times have we seen this kind of play in cold weather knock players out? Alot. This fanbase i guess could get up from a hit like this with all their athletic ability and masculinity
    [IMG]
    OhSnap and bark like this.
  8. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,596 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    It's not unreasonable to think he could avoid an injury like that and put in extra work on the hammies. I'm as skeptical as anyone on his future injuries but don't underestimate his determination.
    bark likes this.
  9. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,546 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    Its not unreasonable to think that for players like Carter Hatcher, Ware, Romo, but a guy who plays the way Lee does its unreasable to think he wont be in every tackle that is near him. Thats just the way he plays, 100% all the time. It just happens that the bears players thigh hit Lee flush in the head.
  10. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,174 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    Fixed.
  11. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,050 Messages
    975 Likes Received
    It wasn't really a thigh that surprised him. Well, it shouldn't have anyhow. It was the players hip and Lee does these stupid plays where he actually left his head there waiting to be jolted back toward his shoulders. How many time are players told "head up" and wrap around. But not SGL. He poses for slamming that takes him out. He is not 1st on my list of overpaid stuperstars but he is not that far behind. Need a solid injury free campaign to get back in my good graces.
  12. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,742 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    Sean lee should be a cautionary tale of picking injured college players but we continue to draft injured players as if these guys will magically shake the injury bug,some players just cant stay healthy .
  13. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

716 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    I hate to be the guy to instigate something, but is Sean Lee overrated? I seriously think we look at his stats and overrate him as one of the best LBs in the game...

I don't think he's a top 5 MLB in the NFL right now, partially due to durability and partially due to well...his play.
  14. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

This is the prime example of the old adage DONT LEAD WITH YOUR HEAD.

Stupid and silly play. I would find something else if you are trying to tout his toughness.
  15. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,822 Messages
    1,434 Likes Received
    Was he not determined before?
    perrykemp likes this.
  16. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,050 Messages
    975 Likes Received
    You're half right. He was determined. Determined to get paid.
  17. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,563 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    Injuries happen. Especially the way lee plays. 100%. He gets in on tackles that 80% of LBs in this league could not get to. He elevates the defenses play up a notch. You can tell its not just about a paycheck for him. He wants to be out there. As a fan, I will rally around a guy like this. Lol at ppl really bashing this guy. I won't give up on that kind of talent and mental makeup. Put some other guys out there that can make plays so that lee doesn't have to make every tackle... See if that doesn't help his injury problems. Seriously the guy is in on every tackle and that shouldn't happen.
  18. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    Lots of irony in this post
    RonSpringsdaman20 likes this.
  19. CowboysBrandon

CowboysBrandon Member

41 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Lol, very true. In what world should you have to come out and say that you're determined to play in all the games? Isn't that kinda, sorta, a given?
  20. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,034 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    He was an over-achiever at Penn State,too.

He's been given a big chance to make it work, but I think the team has to fill his roster spot this season with a rookie.

Let Lee and the new starter split playing and lets see if he can stay healthy.

If he can, great.

If not, then we are making efforts to move on.