1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL: Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys should part ways after latest loss

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Dec 31, 2012.

1. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,903 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    Your instrument only plays one tune.
  2. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,022 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    I knew you were a chicken.
  3. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    WTH does "Didn't you bye too?" mean?

I didn't offer up to leave. You did. You said you would leave if he doesn't win a super bowl with the cowboys barring injury or retirement. Well at some point he is going to retire. And it might come sooner than later. So all you did was cover yourself when he eventually retires without winning one.

It's a suckers bet.
  4. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,903 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    #1 Was in reference to his fans (you) not him.

The rest is self explanatory.
  5. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,112 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    Well it seems Brandt has finally crossed the line of senility. To tell you the truth, it would serve some of you guys right to lose Romo. You guys have such short memories. Good QB's do not grow on trees. Romo is a good QB. When you have an offensive coordinator like garrett who has zero situational awareness and is totally and completely incapable of making adjustments, then ANY QB can have bad games. Actually, due to Garrett's lack of adjustment to all the blitzers coming free to Romo, it is truly amazing he didn't throw more interceptions. We did our best this year when Romo took control of the offense in the hurry up. When Garrett ran the offense we sucked. We would not have even sniffed the playoffs without Tony Romo.
  6. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Squawk! Squawk! Squawk!
  7. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Still not done here and still squawking I see.
  8. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,903 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    Your simplicity and the simplicity of others is captured in your commonly repeated idea (among some fans) that during the hurry up it was "Romo's offense".

I swear, have you guys ever played football? Do you really think Romo is drawing stuff up in the dirt in the hurry up? Who's plays does he run? Btw, ever heard of a helmet radio? It isn't 1950
  9. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,112 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    You guys are just totally and completely CLUELESS.
  10. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I never said Romo wasn't a good QB and neither did Brandt. As a matter of fact, most of us believe he has greatness in him. But when you constantly go one and out in the do or die games, you have a mental block that you can't over come. And that ends up with mediocre seasons like the last two.

It's not about his ability to scramble and do great things. It's about the whole package.

I agree that him and Garrett together are a bad combination. I am not too high on Garrett either. His play calling is vanilla and is predictable. But a QB who has command of his huddle doesn't bark at his WRs when he throws a pick that is clearly his fault. He was even doing that to Witten on the sidelines on Sunday.
  11. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    I'm not the most knowledgable fan. But it's hard for me to blame Garrett for Romos descion making. Im sure the QB has a lot to do with making adjustments and seeing blitzes. That's on Romo. It's hard for me not to believe a good QB would have killed the skins while they were sending all put blitzes. I'm sorry, as bad as Garrett is sometimes, you can't pin Romos short comings on him.
  12. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,022 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    I meant to write "didn't you say bye to me too", yet you responded to me again. Do you think I'm just going to let you continue mock me with your BS?

I don't care if you didn't offer up to leave or not. I made a bet that put the burden on me according to all of the anti-Romo crowd. That I would leave if he fails to win a SB barring injury or retirement. The last should have been more explicit in that I meant (voluntary) retirement, meaning he just decides to quit and not play the game anymore even though he still can like Barry Sanders.

But, hey I'll just say barring injury. Take it or leave it.
  13. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You see, you have to understand football to get what you are saying. But you are 100% correct. He just doesn't understand it enough to comprehend it.
  14. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,663 Messages
    1,043 Likes Received
    Tony... is that you? How anyone on earth could blame ANYONE other than Romo for this loss is beyond me. He had one of his classic meltdown games in prime time AGAIN. Yes, JG sucks, JJ sucks, and Romo is a choke artist.
  15. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,903 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    No sir... you are. And if you are posting on your dad's account you are going to be in big trouble.
  16. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,022 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    Ifs, ands, or buts, are not part of the game. If the Cowboys went up 14-0 in the first quarter, the Skins could have come back and tied it too. The last time I checked, the Cowboys weren't that great in scoring in the first half of the past six games. The Cowboys were still up 7-0 in the game after these mistakes. Such mistakes early in the game don't significantly alter the game. There is still a lot of football left to play where a lot of things can happen. Even Collinsworth said that Garrett must be ecstatic because they're going into the game tied at half and they've played much better in the second half of games.
  17. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Because you said you were done. I said bye. Didn't know you would really didn't mean done as in done, but done as in not really done.

Plus you are so easy to mock here. So why not. You call people chicken for not taking a suckers bet. And it wasn't even a bet. You just said you would do it if....

Anyway, here's a better one. If the temperature somewhere in Arizona reaches above 50 degrees today you leave the forum forever. If the temperature somewhere in Alaska gets about 1,000 degrees, I'll leave the forum.

Come on chicken, take the bet.
  18. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,663 Messages
    1,043 Likes Received
    Cajun, just put him on ignore. I just did. Eventually we become the dumb ones if we argue with him.
  19. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

2,971 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    Of all the people involved in this situation who need to part ways with the team, Romo is the last one we should be trying to get rid of.

Ditch Romo but let Garrett and Jerry Jones stay in their current positions?

That's franchise suicide.

I'm tired of hearing about Romo's record in one and done games. Most of those are on the road, where he carried poor football teams that had no business even sniffing the playoffs to having a chance to get there. Without Romo's near perfect play in the second half this year, our season would have been over weeks ago.
  20. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,022 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    This has got to be the worst analogy of the bet ever.

ROFL.

ROFL.