1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL: Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys should part ways after latest loss

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Dec 31, 2012.

1. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,112 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    lol. You claim Romo is just so terrible and think he is worth a #1 pick. You can't have it both ways.
  2. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    REalize what, that the team has holes to fill? We know that. That the team needs a new O-coordinator or Head Coach? Know that too. Or maybe that the team isn't a playoff caliber team without Romo. Well, we aren't one with him either.

Id much rather the team address all the problems, including Romo, than believing that Romo will all of a sudden change into Tom Brady.
  3. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,022 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    We've already been one. Twice.
  4. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

2,971 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    The same guy who was making personnel decisions between Aikman-Romo is making them now.

And you think our QB search will be better now because..?
  5. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,679 Messages
    1,044 Likes Received
    Yes, actually I do and I think JG is horrible. Wilson and RG3 would tear it up here in Dallas. We would never know though because we are rolling with a QB that has proven he is a choker and can't get it done.
  6. DOUBLE WING

2,971 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    Ridiculous. Those two teams have tailored offenses specifically to fit their QB's. Shanahan in particular has veered so far away from what he used to do in Denver. I've seen nothing to suggest Garrett has that kind of offensive creativity.
  7. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received

Ok, so not scoring doesn't alter a game. It only alters a game if you don't score late. Thanks, youre very knowledgeable.
  8. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing

4,070 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No one is giving up a #1 pick for a quarterback without success who only has one year left on his deal. The best you'd get is a 4th round pick. And with Orton this team doesn't even win 7 games, and I am not ready for successive losing seasons again. It's 2013 not 1999.

Not a Romo fan these days, but you stay with him until you have another answer. The anti-Romo contingent can chalk up as many points as they'd like in this debate, but as even the OP wrote, there is no sense moving on until they find someone else.
  9. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,679 Messages
    1,044 Likes Received
    Because I have seen a change lately with the type of players we are drafting. Claiborne, Lee, Carter, Smith, Murray, etc and Romo is 33 years old and is nothing more than fools gold. I'm tired of 8-8 and 18th in the draft. Mediocracy at it's finest.
  10. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    great, we went to the playoffs 4 seasons ago... that's wonderful..
  11. Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu Lurch

1,988 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Romo will be 33 next year. He ain't getting any better and soon the physical decline will start. He only has 1 or 2 years of his peak left. It's time to start looking for a an eventual replacement in the draft in 2014 or 15. This guy will not be the reason why the team takes it to the next level. Jerry needs to continue building around the defense in the next 2 years. Build around Sean Lee and Bruce Carter. Get better on the defensive line and safety. Turn romo into a game manager that wins on because a great defense and solid running game. When it's all on him he doesn't have that it factor to come through.
  12. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    I think its a good thing to be scared of losing seasons. Some times thats the fastest way to become successful. The NFL is designed to make good teams bad and bad teams good.
  13. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,671 Messages
    29 Likes Received

Wade DID go 13-3. That's 2 years worth of Garrett wins or thereabout.;)
  14. DOUBLE WING

2,971 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    And Romo is the reason we're 8-8? Your frustration with mediocrity is being pointed in the wrong direction.

The guy who put together this current 8-8 team is the guy you're trusting to find our franchise QB.

If I know Jerry, he's probably so taken with RGIII that he's going to try to draft an RGIII clone. I'm thinking we're due for another Quincy Carter-type pick, which was made to try to find a Michael Vick clone. Collin Klein in the second round sounds about right.
  15. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Between Aikman and Romo?

2001 5-11 no playoffs
    2002 5-11 no playoffs
    2003 10-6 playoffs lost
    2004 6-10 no playoffs
    2005 9-7 no playoffs

With Romo
    2006 9-7 Playoffs lost Romo had one pick and one TD and one fumble.
    2007 13-3 playoffs lost Romo had one pick and 1TD
    2008 9-7 no playoffs
    2009 11-5 playoffs lost Romo in first playoff win has 2 TD 0 picks Second game 0 TDs 1 pick 2 fumbles lost
    2010 6-10 no playoffs
    2011 8-8 no playoffs
    2012 8-8 no playoffs

So in seven of those season with Romo we have one playoff win. In two of those season we were only 2 games above .500.

In the playoffs he has 4 TD passes and 5 turnovers.

That's what we have in pressure games.

These are simply facts.
  16. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    But you dont understand, without Romo we wouldnt have made the Playoffs 4 years ago and got that win!!!:rolleyes:
  17. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, it's just so easy when you put this really huge target on your back with insane posts. Again, it wasn't a bet. You gave yourself wiggle room. Frankly, the ignore function will come in handy when I'm done messing with you. And it will be like you already left.
  18. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't think he is saying he is "jinxed". I think he is saying he is not prepared mentally for the pressure type games. Hard to fix that.
  19. DOUBLE WING

2,971 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    No surprise that the further we get from Parcells, the worse we get.

The problem is not Romo. The problem is at the top.
  20. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,112 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    Another fact is that Garrett has been the offensive coordinator for all those years except 2006.