1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL: Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys should part ways after latest loss

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Dec 31, 2012.

1. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So the two seasons without Jason Garrett as the OC, the 2007 really not his, Tony Romo makes the playoffs twice.
  2. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    261 Likes Received

Romo descion making is Garrett an Jones fault?
  3. Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu Lurch

2,160 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    But we are so lucky to have Romo.

For what? His regular season records?
  4. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,607 Messages
    19 Likes Received

Shouldn't those numbers be adjusted for 2010? Wasn't that the year that Romo got knocked out and some guys by the name of Kitna and McGee took over?

Craig
  5. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Btw, Romo was not the starting QB going into the season in 2006. He over came a pretty bad start, to the point Parcell's buddies had to come down to the sideline in the Carolina game to support their head coach who looked totally deflated. Romo saved that season for Parcell's, not the other way around.
  6. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He hasn't kept the franchise afloat. If anything he has held it back from developing a QB. But that is not really the point. If this was the Cincinnati Bengals or the Cleveland Browns or some other also ran team he would be viewed as a great QB. But this is the Dallas Cowboys. We have higher standards for our QB than choking out in the playoffs. We need someone who doesn't do this ALL THE TIME. What's the point of going 8-8 or 9-7 and not making the playoffs or getting whacked in the playoffs in the first round? You have to look at the common problems in those games and it is the Romo turnovers.

You just can't ignore it and expect it to stop.
  7. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well that's even more sad.You would have done well to let us think you were 15.:D
  8. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,296 Messages
    925 Likes Received
    Let's just ignore that.
  9. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,482 Messages
    711 Likes Received
    Garrett's bad game plan and inability to adjust are Romo's fault?
  10. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Whats the difference. Youre ignoring that fact Romo has been starting QB, and the one fumbling and throwing Picks.
  11. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    A contender? This is the loser mentality that thinks success is just getting there to the party. Successful people understand what real success is. Not getting to the playoffs just to choke it away.
  12. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think we should take Sultan's idea and run with it. Instead of playing four quarters of football, let's reduce it down to the final two minutes. That way those previous 58 minutes aren't wasted.
  13. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Romo thowing picks is Romos fault. Is it really that hard to separate Romos decisions and Garrretts play calling?
  14. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jon kitna threw twelve picks the year he took over for Tony Romo half way through the season. And they went 'conservative' with max-protect and more emphasis on the run. JGs passing game is a joke.
  15. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    At leaast you know we are driving the point home. But I also think we can't move on from Romo til we have a replacement. That said, I think we can find one who can guide us to an 8-8 record while developing the talent. If that means we do a sign and trade deal with Romo that nets us some draft picks that we can manipulate to get that guy then so be it.

I do also believe that Red is a problem as well so it not ALL on Romo.
  16. DOUBLE WING

3,296 Messages
    925 Likes Received
    UTTERLY RIDICULOUS. Did having Brett Favre prevent the Packers from drafting and developing Aaron Rodgers behind him?

The fact is, that outside of the Bill Parcells era, since Aikman retired this organization drafted and tried to develop the following quarterbacks: Chad Hutchinson, Quincy Carter, Drew Henson, Matt Moore and Stephen McGee.

You want to get rid of a franchise QB and trust the morons in charge of this franchise, with the track record listed above, to find his successor.

Good luck.
  17. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Yea, i didnt realize i was wasting a couple hours watching games. The only problem is explaining the games that are meaningless during the last two minutes of a game.
  18. DOUBLE WING

3,296 Messages
    925 Likes Received
    If this organization had the balls to jettison everyone currently involved in this demise, meaning trade Romo, fire Garrett and have Jerry give up control of football operations, then I'd be in favor of that.

I don't want to lose Romo, but if you're telling me that we're scrapping over and starting fresh, I'll get on board.

However, to ditch Romo and keep Garrett and Jerry sends the message that Romo has been the problem. That's absolutely not the case.
  19. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually it is, especially when your throws are progressions based upon play design.
  20. Luckenbach

Luckenbach Member

91 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo's 3rd pick was intended for the RB in the flat. The RB was responsible for key blocks on most of the completed passes. Romo was setup for failure by an inept head coach / offensive coordinator.