1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL: Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys should part ways after latest loss

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    THE problem isn't Romo. A problem is Romo.

Agreed. We need to face something here. There is a systemic problem here. Yes it starts with JJ thinking he is a football guy.
    Yes Garrett is one of the worst game managers and can't call a decent game plan.
    But yes, Romo has come up real small in big games when you HAD to have him at least NOT LOSE it.
  2. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Btw, anybody that takes brandt's opinion seriously when he says Garrett knows a thing about developing QBs should be tested for senility as well, considering it was Garrett who brought in brad Johnson as well as Jon kitna...
  3. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Regardless, look at the playoffs where he was in the games. Those numbers are the tell tale signs on how he played in big games.
  4. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That is the key, the notion of being set-up for failure that Garrett supporters can't grasp. Romo isn't superman, and he can't be expected to play lights out everygame but he sure as he'll needs a game planner to put him in a position to succeed, even when having an off day.
  5. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Look at the list of Qbs drafted between 99 and 206, the Cowboys weren't the only team making bad qb decisions.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

it was not alot of good qbs out there
  6. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,132 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    Cajun, I have always respected you on this forum. I will admit that Romo has some faults. He is far from perfect. With his age, it is time to find someone to groom as a replacement. I just happen to believe that the Red Headed Idiot is by far the biggest problem with this team. I think Romo sometimes try's too hard and can sometimes make mistakes. With a better coach and game plan, I don't believe he would have to try so hard. I don't think anyone could question his ability, just his propensity to "choke". I personally don't think we would see him 'choking" with a better game plan where he doesn't have to carry the team. Good QB's are just too hard to find and drafting one high, even #1 overall, is no guarantee of success.
  7. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Throwing picks is not a head coaches fault. Especially since a player can take a sack or throw the ball away. And for the record, i think Garrett sucks.
  8. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,030 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    You sure its a him?

Tends to argue and get flustered like a girl :lmao2:
  9. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Didnt realize Garrett controlled Romos arm. I apologize for my ignorance,
  10. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,024 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Hey. I responded to your incorrect facts. You said we're not a playoff team with Romo. You're wrong because we've already been one twice.
  11. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,024 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Keep claiming that my posts are insane. You can put me on ignore anytime you want. I gave myself no wiggle room, and even when you thought I did I changed the bet so that you could have all of the advantage and you still chickened out. You even put up a terrible analogy that a sixth grade English teacher would laugh at when making a comparison to the bet.

So cry me a river chicken.
  12. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    actually we went three times.. And my facts are correct, this current team isnt a playoff team.
  13. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,024 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Yeah, but Romo is the only reason we were a possible one. So give it up.
  14. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,132 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    So true!!!!
  15. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    give what up? Youre argument is just silly. We arent a playoff team with or without Romo, but Romo gives us a chance to make the playoffs; so keep him ( eventhough he gives us no chance on Winning the Superbowl because we arent a playoff team for the last 3 seasons) because 8-8 is better than 3-11 or 4-12. But really 8-8 or 7-9 isnt better that 3-11 or 4-12 because it gives less of a chance to draft someone at qb who can make us a playoff team.

So, keeping Romo, and Garrett and being 8-8 is actually less productive than being 2-14. THe colts sucked got Andrew Luck, now they dont suck. The redskins sucked, got RG3 not they dont suck. Sucking can make a team better faster, than being mediocre. Right now the Cowboys are the Phoenix Suns of the NFL..
  16. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    youre right, i love being average under Romo
  17. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,319 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    Please raise your hand if you think Gil doesn't know personnel, i can put you on ignore and save time. Romo simply had one of his off nights,as Gil stated. he had 5-6 of those earlier this year. Its been happening more and more the last few years. I'm hoping we trade him a begin the process. Hopefully some of the Romophobes will follow him. There are so many routes romo cannot throw it would actually open the offense.:rolleyes:
  18. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    2005 Rogers rookie season 4-12 Sat the bench
    2006 8-8 sat the bench
    2007 13-3 sat the bench
    2008 6-10 Rogers first season out of the playoffs
    2009 11-5 lost wild card game.

I would say that him not playing in those first three years hindered his development. All for the sake of Favre's ego. Perhaps had they started him earlier they would have not had to suffer through bad seasons.

So what you are saying we will never find another QB. Okay.
  19. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,132 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    If Romo were the biggest problem you may be right. He is not the biggest problem by a long shot and actually has helped to mitigate our biggest problem.
  20. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,024 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    No, but it means that Romo isn't the primary problem doesn't it? If we're 2-12, 3-11, or 4-12 without him, that means we're between four to six games better with him. Now imagine, if maybe Romo isn't the real problem seeing that he makes the team better, we add to the team by putting better players around him and hope they don't get decimated by injuries the next year, and that Garrett continues to improve the team. Duh?

RG3 has the #1 rushing team in the league and they had the same record up until the very last game of the season. If the Cowboys had the #1 rushing team in the league is it really that hard to believe that we would be 12-4 at minimum right now without all the injuries we've suffered and be in contention for a SB?

Give me a break.