1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL: Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys should part ways after latest loss

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Dec 31, 2012.

1. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,494 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    Garrett just confirmed that the first interception was on Romo. High throw.
  2. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I for one have personally lost all faith that Romo is anything more than an ok quarterback, a nice feel good story for an undrafted pick, better than the crap entertained post Aikman, but not the guy to lead a new dynasty.

He has devolved into the worst aspects of his idol Favre.
  3. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Oh wow. The "cutting off your nose to spite your face" approach. That'll show'em!
  4. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,218 Messages
    847 Likes Received
    There's really no factual basis under which to argue that Garrett is good at working with QB's.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,541 Messages
    1,412 Likes Received
    Romo just hit the pumpers over the head with another turnover two by four last night and they still dont get it. When the lights are brightest he fades. He is 33 and is what he is. For entertainment purposes only.
  6. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,668 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    You don't want to replace a good QB unless you have one that's good to replace him. Anyone remember the debacle that was the early 2000s. People can complain about Romo don't remember the offense.
  7. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,187 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    I didn't but I pointed why I didn't.

Unlike you, who said "oh it's Gil Brandt" therefore, he's right because he agrees with what I agree with.

You know what that's called: confirmation bias.
  8. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,494 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    Brandt has been around the team. He has witnessed Garrett working with QB's. It is his opinion. Now there is his opinion, or yours or mine. Which has more credibility?
  9. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,615 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    All three were on Romo.
  10. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    He's 32, but will be 33 next season, and unlike Steve Young or John Elway he hasn't won enough big games to wish him over the top till the bitter end.
  11. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,478 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    A) are you a Cowboys fan or a Romo fan? Sounds like the latter.

B) sure Romo can have success elsewhere with a team that has a pro bowl OL, top 5 defense, top flight running game, and a genius OC that out-coaches every DC. Surely, There are plenty of suitors out there that don't have "their guy" at QB but the rest of the pieces are all in place :rolleyes:

Seriously, who is this imaginary team that everyone thinks is lurking in shadows waiting on Romo to be released so they can win the SB?
  12. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,187 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    His idol was never Favre. It was Joe Montana. This is a myth.
  13. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,382 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    I agree with you. I am not ready to give up on Tony, he is too good to do that right now and we do not have a replacement ready. So, I am gonna pray Tony gets his crap together next season. But, it is time to start thinking about the future at QB.

Damn, I hate the way this season ended :(
  14. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,187 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    And yet there's not a single example of one QB who he has developed. That's why it's not factual. It's an opinion that isn't based on facts, thus his response.
  15. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,494 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    hehe, I'll take his opinion. I think he has a history to be believed, and THAT is factual.
  16. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,062 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    POST OF THE DAY!
  17. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

866 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    I should make myself clearer. I want Romo resigned, I want him here next year, I also want the trenches built so if he does wet the bed, we will know for sure if it has truly been a matter of Romo not being clutch the whole time and the reason for us not making it into the postseason. Although making it into the post season means nothing if you are not going to compete for a Super Bowl. If Dallas made it, I think they go home first week. Serioulsy, we were 3-5 at one time, we have come a long long way from the beginning of the season.
  18. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,187 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Well, so does Aikman and so does Staubach, and both have said Romo is an elite QB. So, you take what you want to believe with a crappy opinionated article that can't provide one single example of a QB that Garrett has developed, let alone a good one and garbage like this:

Really? That says he can't figure Romo out by asking you about Romo? Maybe he was asking your opinion on him.

And I'll stick with facts instead of "he doesn't have it."
  19. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,494 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    I think you practice the very selectivity that you accuse others of. :) How about Brandt is commenting on Steve Young with more in his mind than the question? I'm pretty sure he has an entire conversation in mind as a point of reference. Don't you?
  20. CutMeMick

CutMeMick Member

254 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    What, so you dispute that Gil Brandt is more knowledgeable about NFL talent than you and some other Romo-bots are? Seriously?
    Goodness...what's it gonna take before the man-love gives way to sheer reality?
    I was on the edge of my seat that last drive & when the pick happened, I. WAS. NOT. SHOCKED! And I'm sure I wasn't the only one.
    This is now becoming a psychosomatic syndrome with some of you:
    Romo Derangement Syndrome(RDS).....Where Tony Romo is a clutch NFL performer, if only he had "help", and haters didn't jinx him, unlike Eli"!
    :mouse: