1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL: Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys should part ways after latest loss

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Dec 31, 2012.

1. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,575 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Pull her head up Luke, she's a suckin' mud.

Craig
  2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,886 Messages
    1,114 Likes Received
    hahaha, the homers are so confused. They talk about how great Romo is, then when you say that Garrett works great with QBs, and you look at that stats, it proves Brandt right.

So in one breath, they say, Romo's great. How did he get great? Someone had to work with him, and the only one that was here was Garrett.

But at the end of the day, not directed at you but the other homers out there who are just simply in love with Tony. Who cares about what Gil said about working with QBs?

The point is, he's a choker, a proven choker, and he needs to go. Focus on that.
  3. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    My favorite comment...funny and appropriate.
  4. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,025 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Sorry. Not a hick. Don't get it.
  5. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,020 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    And Gil Brandt is a rock upon which this franchise was built. Dissing his knowledge and insight would be typical of a fan who started following the team after 1996.

I agree with Gil's assessment. The problem with keeping Romo another year means re-signing and committing cap suicide if this doesn't work.

I can assure you the rest of the NFL wants us to keep him so we can stay in reverse. That right there is enough reason in my football logic to let him go.

Tony Romo has become a cross too heavy to bare.

Let another team try to put up with the negative pressure he has inflicted on this franchise.

Time to move on.

:star: RedBall ExPreSS:star:
  6. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received

I agree. But it seems like JJ has fallen in love with Romo and just can't see reality. He seems hell bent on staying with him for the next few years.
  7. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,126 Messages
    465 Likes Received

He could win a sb.
    He may not win sb.

Only two possible outcomes.

Some agree with him.

His possible outcome might turn out to be right. Wow!

With 30 teams he has a better chance of being right. Such a silly exchange here.
  8. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,401 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    Ive noticed on most of the Interceptions, Romo is barking at his receivers. Fine. Whatever.

But, who barks at Romo?

Is there anyone making him accountable?
  9. lane

lane The Chairman

10,439 Messages
    392 Likes Received
    no...there's not.
  10. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,130 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    It does matter. Remember context, something you said you were interested in? :) You said I and my ilk were name calling, or do you remember what you wrote?

Describing Romo's play and saying he didn't take advantage of the opportunities only he could make IS NOT THE SAME as name calling.

Funny you would describe accuracy in communication obsfuscating verbiage. But some of us pride ourselves in being precise with language. :)
  11. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,025 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Spare me. Your ilk's argument is simple. Romo "chokes." He's supposedly "choked" in every big game he's played in. Therefore, he's a "choke artist." No one thinks "choke artist" is anything except a derogatory term that is equivalent to mockery.

You don't have pride. You have a ginormous ego.
  12. MachPilot

MachPilot Member

66 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am not on the Gil Brandt bandwagon. He's an ancient dinosaur whose time and analysis are rooted two centuries ago.

Just because that narcissistic relic spouts off about something does not make it true.

I guess every time the president speaks I should believ it, because...well...he's the president..

I'm not a huge Romo supporter but I won't listen to the archaic diatribe of that old blowhard.

For every Romo critic, there's a supporter. He's not going anywhere. Focus your dreams of him leaving in getting a solid Oline and dependable running game o he doesn't have to throw the ball 36 times a game.

Look up Romos win loss stats on all ga,Ed in which he throws less then 30 times a game..

Doc
  13. MachPilot

MachPilot Member

66 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    On all games...

Stupid iPad

Doc