1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL: Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys should part ways after latest loss

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Dec 31, 2012.

1. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    There is no storybook ending for Romo. The happy ending was when he won the starting job in 2006. If this was a movie, it should've ended there. Anything else that occurs now is just him overachieving...thus him getting exposed in some big games
  2. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,022 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    "Hey Gil; tell me about Romo."

Yeah, if you heard a statement like that without the commentary, what would you think?

Where's Young statement that even remotely implied that he can't figure Romo out. Where is it?

Tell me?
  3. StarMan

StarMan Active Member

989 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Great article. Gil nailed it.
  4. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Et Tu Brandt?
  5. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,246 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    You have to ask yourself an honest question. With the injuries and everything thats gone on with this team this yr how many wins do u see without Romo? If you say more than 2 ur lying to yourself. He's fine.
  6. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,022 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    Did I dispute his knowledge, or did I criticize what was stated in the article?

That's what I thought, but it seems these subtle nuances are too difficult to decipher for the ********.
  7. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,582 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    You have to respect Brandt's opinion, even if don't agree with it. One thing I do agree with though, is the possibility of it just being too bad of an atmosphere for him to continue in. Put it this way, I wouldn't mind if the Cowboys started on the road next year...
  8. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,603 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    I desperately WANT him to succeed also. But he's not.

I desperately WANT to be Mr. Universe. It's not happening.

I desperately WANT us to win a Super Bowl, so Jerry Jones can say he did it his way. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen.

We can WANT all we want. But unless we can have a realistic plan for the future, we're going to be mired in molasses for years to come.

Romo is not the man for us.
  9. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,310 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    And what if he's signed for longer than another year and we don't make the playoffs next year? Are you going to jump on another team's bandwagon?
  10. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,804 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    The longer this goes on, the more I've truly begun to believe that both Romo and the Cowboys might be better parting ways. I think there's an element with Romo where Cowboys fans take him for granted, but there's also an element with him where he hasn't been able to deliver in the key moments.

Like Gil wrote, it's difficult to see how he ever succeeds here with the way things have gone. You thought he was booed badly at home games before. What about next season? What will it sound like when he's introduced at the home opener? How does a player succeed in that circumstance? It certainly feels like the beginning of the end of Romo in Dallas.

Conversely, I think he would benefit from leaving our organization and getting a fresh start elsewhere. Going somewhere where last night's Jason Hatcher penalty isn't always bound to happen, somewhere with a little more stability and a different vision on how to use his talents. Because he is talented and does, for the most part, excel. I know if I were him I wouldn't be looking to re-sign here.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,603 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    I was not shocked.

I felt like a veil was lifted, and all I could feel was disappointment. Not disappointment because we lost, but a disappointment in having someone I trusted with all my heart, fail me AGAIN.

It's the AGAIN part that makes me realize it's time to move on.
  12. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,310 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    I totally agree with this. I think it would be a good move for both at this point. I'd actually like to see him go to another team and prove all of his nay-sayers wrong.
  13. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,802 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    Do you even know who Gil Brandt is?
  14. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,603 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    More importantly, the team no longer believes in him. What happens next year when we're in the same boat? The team will not have his back.
  15. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,804 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    I feel a little like that as well. I'm the kind of fan that roots for the front of the jersey and not the name on the back, but I am also someone who has been emotionally invested in Romo. I like his story, I like the way he plays and I like the way he pours his heart and soul into the game. His failures are what they are, but I think he embodies what you would want a player to be. You could tell how much it meant to him after he threw his clinching interception last night. I've so badly wanted him to be able to change his legacy, to alter the narrative of his career. But it's looking more and more likely that won't happen.
  16. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I find it depressing that Brandt is probably right about this. Best thing for the Cowboys, and probably the best thing for Romo too. I like Tony, but it's probably for his best he go on elsewhere, and same for the Cowboys. :(
  17. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,022 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    Argumentum ad authority is a logical fallacy.

What he says can still be criticized based on facts and he provided none in many examples that I pointed out. I'll repeat some of them.

1) Who has Garrett ever developed as a QB or fixed their problems?
    2) Where is the evidence that Steve Young said he can't figure Romo out?

3)

ORLY? He spoke to two people who said the above about Romo and came to the conclusion that the whole community in Dallas is down on him now. Seriously?

This is a complete hack job of an editorial based on vague and non-contextual nonsense.

The only thing I agree with Brandt about is Tony should go elsewhere, because the Cowboys don't deserve him.
  18. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,804 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    I have a feeling there are some guys on this team squarely in Romo's corner no matter what. I'd suspect Witten and Austin, two guys who have been along for the ride his entire career, are among them. But you're right, and I think we saw with Martellus' comments after leaving here what any number of other guys on the squad think of him. Granted, Martellus is an idiot, but games like last night will certainly create a divide if one didn't already exist.
  19. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,913 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    mmmm hmmmm, that is what Brandt is doing... bluffing. :) Now if that isn't a bias looking for confirmation I don't know what is. Again, S of S, the man's history, knowledge, and observations are his resume and expertise. And in my book, it is enough.
  20. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,804 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    The Garrett comment does raise an eyebrow. Might as well say Wade Wilson is a great QB developer and hasn't been able to get Romo to turn the corner.

Just because Garrett is a highly intelligent person who played the position doesn't mean he's a great developer of quarterback talent.