1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL: Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys should part ways after latest loss

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Dec 31, 2012.

1. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,514 Messages
    837 Likes Received
    I think Garrett is in his corner. I think Romo will be resigned. I think Garrett believes that Romo, and the team, will break through next year.

I hope he is right.
  2. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,641 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    Did you see Witten/Romo arguing on the sidelines?

He would never publicly turn on Tony, but the moment Witten doesnt believe in Tony, you know its over.
  3. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,382 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    +1 :starspin
  4. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,005 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    I get your point on this, but it is true. Most of the fan community have no confidence in him right now. Romo is a tremendous player. If this team and our fans are only going to drag him down, it is time for him to go somewhere that he will be appreciated, and let the Cowboys move ahead. I really don't see anyone good enough to replace Romo right now, but if the fans don't want to see him let him go, and give him a chance to thrive elsewhere.
  5. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,196 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    You still don't get it.

Look up "confirmation bias" instead of talking about things you don't know.

I wasn't questioning the man's history or knowledge. I was questioning what was written in the article.

If you can't rebut what I've said clearly, logically, and factually, you might as well say "nanny, nanny boo boo, Gil Brandt said it. You lose."

Then I'll just say, well "both Aikman and Staubach think Romo is an elite QB who can win a SB or two" and those statements are factual using the same appeal to authority and they would know better than Brandt because you know what Brandt said:

"hey, if a guy like Steve Young can't figure out Romo, what does that tell you?"

:rolleyes:
  6. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,879 Messages
    1,301 Likes Received
    I think Garrett is in his corner. I think Romo will be resigned. I think next year it will be another 8-8 season and more excuses for why we failed.
  7. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,755 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    I am a fan of both. I think Cowboys fans are extremely critical to the point of fault. We need someone to blame. Unfortunately for Romo, he's the easiest one.

I wish Cowboys can win a SB with or without Romo. But Romo deserves better. Romo has issues but he's better than majority of QBs out there. I don't think Romo can thrive in Dallas. He's playing against a stacked deck.

With the exception of 2007 team that went 13-3, none of the Dallas teams since has any chance at SB run.
  8. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,736 Messages
    1,958 Likes Received
    I think he was just writing an article, giving his opinion on something he has some knowledge of rather than testifying on the stand or giving a deposition.

#1) Maybe he has some knowledge of how Red works with QB's. Something you nor I know much about.

#2) How do you know thats all that Steve Young asked him during that conversation? How do you know thats all that was said in that conversation? How would you know the context since you werent there? Is there any requirement that he recite the entire conversation?

#3) Just becuz he mentions 2 people commenting about Romo while he got the morning paper doesnt mean that those are the only 2 people he has heard it from. He could have simply just been mentioning those 2 people as a recent or specific example. Unless he has his head up somewhere he would know just like any football fan knows that plenty of people have their panties in a wad over Romo.
  9. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,514 Messages
    837 Likes Received
    I'm hesitant to share this, but I will. I have a son who is an excellent athlete. He played baseball in college. I love him, am very proud of him. He is a winner in every sense of the word. He is intelligent. He conducts himself with character and in a way that doesn't make me ashamed.

But my son has trouble keeping his emotions in check in certain situations. As much as I see him through a dad's eyes, I still can see it and have to acknowledge it. I've seen him come through in BIG situations before. I've seen him rise to the occasion and win games. But I have also seen him press, I've seen him allow other players to get him out of his game by their talking, and I've seen him struggle in certain situations as a result.

I've talked to him about this numerous times, but it is just his personality and makeup. He struggles to overcome it.

It is NOT that my son lacks competitive fire or is afraid. Just the opposite. I really believe he has trouble properly channeling what is a VERY competitive nature. It works against him, not for him.

I admit that I don't know Tony Romo. But I watch him play. I watch what I see as some highly emotional and a bit out of control moments. And I just wonder. I wonder if it is not the same thing I see in my son. And I'm just not sure it will ever change.

I agree with Brandt. I don't think he is a choker in the true sense of what that word would mean. I think he has trouble keeping HIMSELF in check. And it hurts him in some very big moments. As I've said before, the one word that I don't associate with Tony Romo in his playing style is CALM. He just isn't calm.
  10. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,514 Messages
    837 Likes Received
    I have already answered you sufficiently. And your psycho babble is worth as much as psycho babble is worth. ZERO.
  11. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,196 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    Oh brother.

I don't care about maybes or omissions. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence, but it's also not evidence either. If you have evidence, you provide it. If you don't, then it's just an opinion based on an appeal to authority which I have already stated is a logical fallacy.

That is how you criticize the credibility of an opinion.
  12. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,382 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    Good post! Watching Tony play, especially this season, backs up your thoughts, in my opinion...
  13. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,196 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    Yes, I know you've answered, but it didn't rebut anything. It's simply your opinion weighted on an appeal to authority because it agrees with your confirmation bias.

Psycho babble. LMAO.

You've got to be joking.

Confirmation bias is legitimate and is described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

And Argument ad authority is described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
  14. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,514 Messages
    837 Likes Received
    lol... Do you realize you can win an argument and lose the point? Do you realize that you can talk AROUND an issue and miss what is obvious?

Let me give you something obvious... try to follow. A guy who knows more than you, infinitely more than you, disagrees with you in your assessment of Romo. Got that? It is really that simple.
  15. stiletto

stiletto Member

783 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I think it would do all parties involved a lot of good if there were a change of scenery....Romo's legacy in Dallas is now well cemented. How many chances does the guy get to redeem himself? He just throws more gas instead of water on his already large barn fire...especially in big moments. It's sad but reality looms.
  16. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,604 Messages
    18 Likes Received

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Craig
  17. WPBCowboysFan

5,736 Messages
    1,958 Likes Received
    This is what psuedo intellectuals do
  18. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,196 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    And two guys who know more than me and who have actually played the position and know what it takes to be a great QB, including the one in your avatar that I have quoted multiple times already, i.e. Aikman and Staubach don't agree with him, but agree with me.

Got it. It's really that simple. :rolleyes:

Are your really this freaking stupid?

I'm done here.
  19. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,514 Messages
    837 Likes Received
    I leave you to your views! :) How about that? Can you simply say that you disagree with Gil Brandt? That would have saved you much typing :)

And I don't believe that freaking smart is posting links to wikipedia pages :)

And by the way... do you really think Staubach and Aikman are going to be anything but supportive of any starting Dallas Cowboys QB? Because I don't.
  20. WPBCowboysFan

5,736 Messages
    1,958 Likes Received
    yep, this is the perfect example in this thread of :banghead: :bang2: :bang3: