1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL: Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys should part ways after latest loss

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,120 Messages
    638 Likes Received
    I'm torn on Romo....really am.

I see the talent oozing out of him, I see the quick release, I see the houdini-like escapability, I see the accuracy, I see his ability to bring his team back from deficits.

But than I see a fragile psyche-a qb yelling at his receivers after every pick. I see a quarterback who buckles when the game is on the line. I see a quarterback who doesn't do the little things to help win games. I see a guy who can't help his team move the chains after he erases the deficit.

In the end, I think I see the Friday night hottie whom you love to party with, but not the Saturday night marriage potential with whom you love to stay home and watch a dvd.
  2. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Well he doesn't speak for me... Hey Gil, go write some articles about Jerry needing to sign a legit offensive & defensive line & fix the real holes on this team. Not sexy enough GIL?? Even if Romo wins last night, he definitely isn't winning in the playoffs without Dez/Miles/Beasley & a running game, Spencer on the defensive side & a Demarcus Ware that can't do anything out on the field with his injuries..
  3. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,915 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received

JG isn't stupid. He knows Romo is the only QB who can win games using JG's crappy offense.
  4. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    You're welcome. You obviously need one.
  5. rat2k8

rat2k8 Active Member

791 Messages
    249 Likes Received
    Why didn't Red adapt to the severe blitzing by the Redskins. 4 Quarters and he still didn't even figure out how to punish them. This team will never win with Garrett in control. Stop blaming Romo , get him a real coach and people in front to block, and then we will see what he can do.
  6. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,915 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I hope Romo does go so that we can truly see how bad JG's offense really is.
  7. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,915 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Because he doesn't know how. Blizing Romo up the middle isn't anything new. JG's been the OC for 5 years and he still can't figure out how to beat it.
  8. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,681 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Before replacing Romo get a QB that can play. Anthony Wright, Randall Cunningham, Ryan Leaf, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchinson, Quincy Carter, Vinny Testerverde, and Drew Henson all started games from 2000-2005. QB position could be a lot worse in Dallas right now and was just a short time ago. We need to fix other problems on this team. Our defensive line is getting old. Need to replace Spears and Ratliff with younger guys. Offensive line is still not good enough. But I like Tyron Smith. The rest of that line stinks. I do think if we are healthier on defense next year a lot of those problems will be solved pretty quick. Lee, Carter, and Church are real good. We need to be about ball control on offense more. Our offense either went 3 and out or had big plays and didn't stay off the field long enough this year exposing a heavily weakened defense even more. I honestly feel our defense didn't play good but played better than it should with the amount of snaps it was exposed to. But stripping Garrett of playcalls may be the right move. Just depends on who we get to call the plays and the style we run. I'm not saying go completely like 90s Cowboys where it's Murray left, Murray Right, Murray up the middle, play action pass once in a while. But we need to have sustained, long drives consistently.
  9. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Wow talk about just making things up. The ball was in front of Ogletree. Talk about an agenda.
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Ah, "when it counts".

A baffling concept.

As if there was a chance to ever do anything "when it counts" if you were doing piss poor when it didn't count.

The fact that there are only 16 games makes every game count.

If you play like Drew Henson all season, you won't have games that count after week 8.

I've been critical of Romo at times but I'm not gonna ditch him yet.

Maybe he's not the elite QB we all want him to be but he can damn sure get the job done if the burden wasn't place squarely on him every single game.

Let him rely on a running game every now and then. I mean hell, Dallas edged Airzona by 60 yards on the season to avoid being the worst rushing team in the NFL.

1265 rushing yards on the year. I think only 3 teams have failed to crack 1300 yards in a season over the past 4 years. Arizona looks to have done it twice.

Washington averaged almost 100 yards more per week.

It's just ridiculous how awful Dallas was at running the ball.

Fact is, Romo was basically told that the team wins or loses solely on his play. Pretty ridiculous hand to be dealt. Maybe he can't handle it. I'll even go as far as saying it looks like he can't do it all by himself like the elite QBs can. But that doesn't mean you get rid of him. Get him some ****ing help. If he can't do it, get him the help necessary. End of story. He's more than good enough to lead a team with a good rushing attack into the playoffs.

Get a running game and get an OC. That likely means get a new HC but so be it.
  11. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,097 Messages
    1,943 Likes Received
    Our playbook is awful.
  12. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,689 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    There isn't another player on the team that contributes a winning effort more than Tony Romo.
  13. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received

Garrett was QB coach for the Fins, and held same role essentially as the backup on the Giants. He was also backup to Aikman and, according to him, Garrett was as much of a coach to him as anyone. You're wrong about Brandt....very wrong. You're also wrong about Parcells and Payton...they never took the guy on thinking he would be a starter. Parcells harped on the principals ROmo needed to adhere to and constantly was on his *** about his poor decisions. They obviously thought the guy could play, but to say they 'loved' him may be a reach. Parcells 'loved' Lawrence Taylor....he used Romo. Major difference.
  14. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,933 Messages
    476 Likes Received

So.... he is saying Tony is a great quarterback it's just that the football gods have turned fate against Tony?
  15. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,933 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    We lost our Top 4 receivers early in this game and another one our defensive starters but it was still a game.... am I right in this? Did Tony press a little bit? Sure but anyone would trying to overcome that kind of handicap. Ogletree as your number 1? Seriously? What did you think was going to happen with that situation, that he was going to come out and beat their top 3 corners with our number 5 receiver? Come on man!
  16. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on. Gil B is very in tune with the Cowboys and what their thinking is, and I was shocked to read this article. he even acknowledges he is a Romo guy, but that it is just time to move on. I imagine JJ is thinking something like that too.

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  17. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received

You're not seriously hanging your hat on this argument are you? It's more excuse riddled than our President's speeches. I'm waiting for you to Balme GW Bush next. :lmao2: Try something else...this one is nonsense. Romo had one of the crappiest games I can recall (aside from some of his 4 or 5 INT games). This game wasn't even close if we're honest.
  18. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,902 Messages
    2,078 Likes Received
    A graduate from the Mike Ditka anger management course?
  19. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,868 Messages
    2,345 Likes Received
    you guys are completely delusional

give romo

1) a real OC (like Norv)
    2) a good OL
    3) consistent running game

and he will win

the problems are jerry and jason not romo
  20. PA Cowboy Fan