1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL: Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys should part ways after latest loss

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Dec 31, 2012.

1. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,187 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    And you people need to learn about logical fallacies and the distinction between criticizing a person's knowledge about the history of the game and the crappily supported editorial article he wrote are two different things, neither of which can be classified as pseudo intellectualism.

By the way, the game has changed over the past twenty five years and you're right, I'm sure there's a lot that Gil Brandt has forgot. It just comes with age. Also, the collective knowledge of the total fans on this forum is probably pretty high. So way to shoot yourself in the foot.
  2. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,095 Messages
    1,365 Likes Received
    Polian, Parcells, Aikman, and Stauback all have opinions just like we do. Their opinions on Romo are just wrong. Romo has proven over time that he is a choke artist when the going gets rough. All the people mentioned above have been fooled by Romo because he is unique in that he can play very sound football at times and at a high level, what they are missing is when he chokes when the going gets rough. They always have some kind of excuses for when he chokes but the excuses have now run out for any sane person.

Romo is the definition of Fools gold. He had me fooled at one time too. I have seen a ton of people on this site that "were" fooled too, but they have since come around and can't defend Romo anymore.

You are one of the last hold outs but you too will eventually come around.
  3. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    No, he's saying Romo has the ability to be great. But the fact that he hasn't done it yet is another issue. He knows he is physically able to get the job done but he questions whether he has the mental toughness to do it. And when he says "If Garrett can't fix him" he means Garrett can work on the physical mechanics of a QB and some of the mental aspect of the game but if the person has a built in mechanism that just causes you to melt down, then no one can fix it.
  4. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    And so you don't understand euphemisms either huh? Let's just say that I am able to understand what the man is saying because I understand the game of football. I further understand that you have a problem with comprehension (Always have) so I really can't blame you. It's not really your fault.
  5. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,499 Messages
    408 Likes Received
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    More from Gil Brandt:

7. ufcrules1

7,095 Messages
    1,365 Likes Received
    Exactly, Romo has the ability, he just doesn't have the mental capacity. That was clear on his last interception. Before he even hiked the ball, he made up his mind that if he got pressure he was going to throw a swing pass to Murray which is fine but where he went wrong is he didn't even look to see if he was covered. That is a big mental lapse and those lapses typically come in higher pressure situations. "Win and you're in" and playoff games are higher pressure games and that is where Romo's mental capacity is a deal breaker for our team. If the idea is to win a superbowl, we need a QB that can lead our team there. Not just shine during the regular season.
  8. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,187 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Don't care whether you think my opinion is wrong or Polian's, Staubach's, Aikman's, etc. It's the same appeal to authority.

As long as Romo is QB for the Cowboys, he's my QB, and I'll support him until he succeeds or fails. No one knows the future, but I'm not going to bash the guy incessantly on a Cowboys forum of all places when he gets enough of that trash everywhere else. The guy has done enough to earn my support over the years and one mistake in a season that had an extremely high probability of going nowhere with the state of the team as it is will never change that. Winning a SB is not easy. Winning it as the Dallas QB is even more difficult. Only two have done it and they are HOFs and had better teams and coaching.
  9. ufcrules1

7,095 Messages
    1,365 Likes Received
    Congrats on coming around finally.
  10. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,604 Messages
    18 Likes Received

Romo reminds me of a bull that we had a few years back.

We turned out a lot of 40 bulls into a pasture to let them go to work. Come calving time we had quite a few calves that had to be pulled. Thanks to DNA testing we found out that the culprit for all the heavies was what we thought was the best bull of the lot. Even though his EPD numbers said that he was a low birthweight bull the accuracy of those numbers were off. Simple fix though, hamburgers are quite popular.

Craig
  11. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,187 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Apparently you don't know what euphemisms are either. Your first post was clear hyperbole. Before claiming that I have a problem with reading comprehension you better check yourself first.
  12. Airbag

Airbag Active Member Zone Supporter

227 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    This post is so stupid it's funny.
  13. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    And that hasn't happened yet? LOL!

Please keep posting.
  14. ufcrules1

7,095 Messages
    1,365 Likes Received
    Right, just throw out an insult because you have nothing of value to add to the topic.
  15. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    It's using a phrase or term to say something else. Like "Brandt has forgot more about football than the collective of the broad knows about it". Meaning his is more knowledgeable than anyone here.

You have been checked.
  16. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,187 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    ROFL. LMAO. ORLY. OMG. LOL. It's a team game, oh master of football knowledge.
  17. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,336 Messages
    843 Likes Received
    The Cowboys will never win a title with Romo at QB. He's always been a good, not great QB. He can play great at times, but he's far too inconsistent to be a champion.
  18. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    And the team kept the game close until he choked it away with another well timed pick.

And if you don't think that then you are showing your complete and utter ignorance yet again.
  19. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,974 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    So basically you're saying that we really can't rely on Romo unless everything around him is perfect?

Is that supposed to be some compliment for Romo?
  20. ufcrules1

7,095 Messages
    1,365 Likes Received
    You need to stop supporting him then.. because he has in fact failed. Actually, he has epically failed.

I would start with settling for winning in a "Win and you're in" game. Actually, it would have been nice if he played decent against a pathetic 28th ranked defense in the league instead of melting down.