1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFLDraftBible:Sleeper Running Backs 2012 Watch List

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jun 8, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Sleeper Running Backs 2012 Watch List
    Written by Ralph Mancini Wednesday, 08 June 2011 07:50

Lennon Creer (LA TECH): At 6’1”, 215 pounds, the Tennessee transfer is a big, shifty back who features a dazzling array of spin moves and has enough speed to separate from defenders on the perimeter. He’s tough for any one defender to bring due to his slippery moves and his natural toughness to put his shoulder down and bowl his opponents over in tight quarters. The Texas native also hits the cutback lanes, runs crisp routes as a pass catcher and can hold his own versus the blitz. Creer’s one major weakness is the tendency he’s shown at times to put the ball on the ground.

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Latest/fcs-running-backs-2012-watch-list.html

Lance Dunbar (N. TX): Over the course of his college career, Dunbar has proven that he’s much more than a complementary speed back. In fact, since his early days in Denton, the 5’9” Dunbar has packed on nearly 20 pounds to reach his current weight of 203, which allows him to pound the rock between the tackles. His burst and ability to explode in and out of holes make him a big-play weapon. The senior can also be counted on to be a dependable receiver out of the backfield and serve as a competent blocker. Dunbar’s lack of size brings his durability into question against bigger defenders at the next level if he’s presented with a sizeable workload. But packing on even more weight will probably affect his acceleration and speed.
  2. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Damn it, I HATE when I read about one of my sleepers this early in the offseason... I want Dunbar to stay under the radar...
  3. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    whoops, ive shouldve kept that under wraps silverbear? :)
  4. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Wouldn't work, you've got a lousy poker face...