1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFLdraftcountdown 2 Round Mock Updated

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Gryphon, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yahoo Sports

52. Dallas Cowboys: Herman Johnson, OG, LSU
    The Cowboys love massive offensive lineman, and I expect Johnson to lose about 20 pounds from his 382-pound Senior Bowl weight and compete for a starting spot in Dallas.
  3. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,243 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Patrick chung is the complete opposite of what we need. As the blurb mentioned he is an inside the box type of player. We need a free safety, a true ballhawk. We then canmove hamlin to strong safety.
  4. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received

:spidey: :pray: :pray:

Please let this happen. When we go 9-7 next year, Big Herm can make some people hurt and keep players off Romo and open up some running lanes.

This is the player I picked at number 51 in my mock draft in the draft zone.
  5. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    The run on safeties at the start of the second round is pretty typical and might end up hurting us like that. If that situation does indeed play out, I would rather take Ron Brace.
  6. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,468 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    I'd be thrilled with taking Brace. A lot more than yet another DB.
  7. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL at taking a SS who has coverage issues at number 51. The WR from Oklahoma would have been the player on the list I would have taken when you get to 51 if you consider all the players from 51 and down in Wright's mock. Ron Brace is a third rounder.

Big Herm is a second rounder.

NLFDraftScout lists Big Herm as a 2nd rounder.

The National Football Post puts him in the 2nd-3rd round tier.

Scott Wright puts him out of the second round.

Big Herm is a legit draft target at # 51 if you look at some of the information that is out there and know about his play on film or on the field. The Cowboys should be in a position to nab him. Please do it. The Planet Theory meets a big need and value at number 51.
  8. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,305 Messages
    698 Likes Received
    Was that big herm or big perm?

[IMG]
  9. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Boo on Herm and Boo on Patty Chung. I'll be disgusted if we take either one with our first pick.
  10. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,169 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    Think your guy will be there or do you have someone else in mind?
  11. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Depends on his combine. If he's 10 spots away I move up to get him. I'm assuming your talking about Mr.Smith?. I don't like Herm or Chung in the 2nd.
  12. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,169 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    Yeah, I was talking about "Mr. Smith".

Whenever someone disagrees with a player recommendation, I always like to see who they'd prefer if they were running the show.
  13. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    what coverage issues? NFLdraftscout's write-up of his coverage skills are all positive
  14. Skinsmaniac

Skinsmaniac Boycotting Snyder since 2009

1,447 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One publication says the pick is 51 and the other says 52. Which is it?
  15. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,766 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    I've seen Chung play a couple of times and I don't think he's the guy I'd want in that pick. But then I'm not really thinking to heavily about that stuff right at this moment anyway.
  16. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,842 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    I like Greene over Chung. I think he can play both spots which is ideal considering we dont really know who'll be back there
  17. dasander

dasander Member

134 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Yes! Patrick Chung displayed good coverage skills in the Senior Bowl practices. I don't know why so many of you want a free safety type. We paid Ken Hamlin big $$$ to be our free safety and by looking back at the Baltimore game, we know he takes bad angles in run support.

I like the Chung pick. The thing about this mock that sucks is that Ron Brace and Jarron Gilbert are both gone by our 3rd round pick.
  18. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received

that's great i was thinking the same thing when i read that guy call him big herm , he shot smokey that look and he's like um i mean big worm.. :lmao2: one of the funniest movies ever ...
  19. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm just going on what I've read. I didn't know anything about him. The reports I've seen have him not being very good in coverage. Reports can vary, and I guess I read mostly negative reports about his coverage skills. I'm sure not an expert on him. There is no way I take a SS in round 2, no way.
  20. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,199 Messages
    4,463 Likes Received
    Vela referred to Johnson as George Hegamin part two.

That's scary.