1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFLdraftcountdown 2 Round Mock Updated

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Gryphon, Feb 5, 2009.

1. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  3. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kosier went down and had a garbage LG replacing him. We went 4-0 with Kosier in there,Our best balanced pass/run games were against the Browns,Eagles,Packers and Redskins(2nd time)..coincidentally Kosier played in all of those games. Our O-line need all of their "brothers" to be in sync, and when one goes down it can be disasterous. Plus Montrae is a very servicable backup

I wouldnt say Herm is a "blue chip" guard. You could say that about Duke Robinson, but I have my doubts about Herm.
  4. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received

The Packers and Broncos will both be switching to 3-4 defenses this year and will be looking for NTs. SF and SD will also be looking for NTs. Not sure about the Steelers but they might be looking for one too. If the Dolphins aren't happy with Soliai they could be looking for one as well. Brace isn't your typical fat, lazy slob. He is big, but he's got a good head, good work ethic, and a good motor. With the demand for NTs and one of this draft's strengths being DL, I think you'll see an early run.
  5. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Again, Kyle Kosier is going to walk after this season, imo. LG killed Dallas and Romo took a beating in 2008. Kosier has one more year on his contract. Drafting "The House" solidifies the interior of the offensive line and could solidify LG for 10 years Drafting an undersized center and putting him at guard in the NFC East is risky business. Plus, Andre Gurode is your best offensive linemen and one of the very best in the NFL. Plus, he's in his prime.

Herman "The House" Johnson is a dominant run blocker. Let me repeat that, a dominant run blocker. His pass protection and balance improved over the course of his career. He got better every year. He is a blue-chipper. Down here, we don't have doubts about him, at least I don't. He's spent the last 2 years pan-caking SEC front players. This is a big guy who can move and has power and strength and could play right away if you needed him to do it. He helped pave the way for LSU's bruising running game in 2007, a national title year.

It's cool if you don't think he's a blue-chip player. That is your right, and I disagree, respectfully.
  6. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Yeah. Brace is a good looking player. If a team really likes Brace, they may take him in late round 2 for sure. I still think 51 is too high.

Here are the 5 top NTs according to the Natiional Football Post:

1. B.J. Raiji
    2. Ron Brace
    3. Terrance Taylor Michigan 6-1 314
    4. Sammie Lee Hill Stillman 6-4 331
    5. Terrance Knighton Temple 6-3 324

Stillman is the guy Cowboyjoe likes.

Taylor is a hustler and can run. I saw him play a little bit in the shrine game.
  7. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received

The National Football Post ranks Unger as the # 3 zone blocking center, a second rounder.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,037 Messages
    1,597 Likes Received
    FFToolbox Writer Mock Draft Predictions

Michael Hamlin, S, Clemson

Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State

Emanuel Cook, S, South Carolina

D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt

Asher Allen, CB, Georgia
  9. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,866 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Anyone who thinks Hamlin is a SS, needs to go back and watch the Baltimore game. Hamlin is a solid FS, he'll blow an assignment here or there but is overall solid in coverege, but he takes bad angles on tackles and isn't very good tackling in the open field.

Orginally I wanted Michael Hamlin, who is very similar, but after the baltimore game, I started to lean towards chung more and more, whose far more comfortable in the box. Right now my wish list is Chung or Brace in round 2, Hamlin in round 3, if Chung was gone.
  10. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,866 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    The Packers have Ryan Pickett (6'2 330) and Colin Cole (6'1 330) so I doubt the use a first day pick on a NT, they need DE's. San Fran is a possibility, but if they pass on Raji, they have so many other needs and the early 2nd is way to early for Brace. The biggest threats to take him are Miami and Pittsburgh