1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFP:A look at the draft’s top five slot receivers…

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 17, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Who has the ability to be a difference maker inside? Wes Bunting
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Top-10-Slot-Receiver-Prospects.html
    March 16, 2012

1. Devon Wylie: Fresno State (5-9, 185)
    Is limited a bit by his size, but is the kind of cat-quick slot guy with great separation kills who can be an X-factor inside in the NFL. Another major positive with him is that he also has very good deep speed as well.

2. Jarius Wright: Arkansas (5-10, 180)
    A coordinated athlete who is sharp as a route runner, tough over the middle and knows how to get open vs. man and zone. Will get re-routed vs. press at times and looks more like an inside player at the next level, but has the skill set to make a roster and carve out a big niche early.

3. Joe Adams: Arkansas (5-11, 190)
    An explosive athlete who can go get the football down the field and has some savvy to his game setting up routes. However, is inconsistent catching the football and as a route runner. Nevertheless, does enough well to make a roster and see early playing time inside and outside. An ideal fit for Philadelphia running the deep crossers.
  2. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Do you think Wylie will last until the fifth round?
  3. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,663 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I figure Adams will fall.

He does have questionable hands and route running, but he makes up for it in special teams return ability and what he can do when the ball is in his hands with his vision.

Would love to see him drop til late.
  4. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,066 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    Everyone's all over Wylie, but his college production was pretty crappy.

I like Broyles. Like what I hear about Hilton as well.

Eric Page is one of my pet cats. His ceiling is 3rd WR, never be anything more than that, but I think he'd excel there.
  5. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wylie!!!! Wylie!!!!!!!

Hate that people are starting to be all over him. I've been asking for him for months when I thought we could get him in the 6th. He's perfect for us.
  6. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Honestly, I like Wylie, just ask realteck, I actually will be heartbroken if we don't pick him up but don't be shocked if you don't hear is name called at all. The internet draft world seems to be A LOT higher on him then the scouting community.
  7. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,731 Messages
    624 Likes Received
    Jarius Wright is the more polished/productive slot receiver. And he has great hands to boot.

Wylie is the better returner IMO.