1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFP Bunting Breaking down the 2012 QB class

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, May 9, 2011.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,537 Messages
    1,408 Likes Received
    An early look at some of the top quarterback prospects for the 2012 NFL draft.

Seniors

Ryan Tannehill: Texas A&M (6-4, 220)
    In my mind he’s the most intriguing senior quarterback prospect in the class. Tannehill only has seven starts under his belt as a QB. However, he’s decisive, accurate and a gifted athlete inside/outside the pocket. He displays a real understanding of the game and I expect him to take off this year as a QB prospect.

Ryan Lindley: San Diego State (6-3, 218)
    A tall, lean quarterback prospect with a great arm, but will need to prove he can still be efficient with a new head coach and two new receivers to throw to come September. However, the tools are there.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Breaking-down-the-2012-QB-class.html
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,012 Messages
    1,873 Likes Received
    Andrew Luck is the best he's ever seen? I mean, Luck is impressive, there is no doubt but he's not the best I've ever seen. That's a bit of a stretch IMO but whatever.
  3. NorthTexan95

NorthTexan95 Well-Known Member

1,247 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Makes me wonder how long Wes is going back. I doubt he was scouting when Aikman came out. I doubt he was doing this when Peyton came out.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,096 Messages
    6,911 Likes Received
    Luck might be the best I remember seeing, too. Including Peyton, for sure; I don't remember anyone considering Peyton a HoF-caliber QB when he came out. Carson Palmer, frankly, came out with more fanfare. Prior to Palmer, it was Aikman. Then Elway before him.

Mike Vick was in there with a lot of fanfare, too, I guess, though he's sort of a different player from those other guys.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,916 Messages
    3,415 Likes Received
    It will be interesting to see how Tannehill does. He played at wide receiver during his freshman and sophomore seasons before moving to QB last season.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,012 Messages
    1,873 Likes Received

I agree Dooms. I really like Tannehill. The guy just gets it done.