1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFP: Final Stock Watch: Offensive Risers

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Duane, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    A rundown of the top five players who seem to be generating the most buzz with only three days left before the draft.

QB Andy Dalton: TCU
    He’s accurate, competitive, fiery and knows how to win football games. Those are the attributes that have so many teams buzzing about Dalton as he now looks like a potential late first-round option.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Final-stock-watch-offensive-risers.html
  2. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I thought the knock on Dalton was inaccuracy?
  3. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,700 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    I am pretty sure the biggest knock was that they questioned his arm strength.
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I think he's just overall average. He looks to me like just another spread-offense QB who runs sometimes, throws sometimes, but didn't have to make accurate throws through tight windows on any kind of consistent basis.

Maybe I haven't seen him enough, but I think people are overrating the intangibles. To me he's the polar opposite of a Ryan Mallett. You don't want a potential headcase like Mallett, but you do have to have excellent accuracy and arm strength to be a very good NFL QB.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,480 Messages
    3,799 Likes Received
    I some what agree. I think he is a fine QB but 1st rd pick no 2nd in my view would be a bit iffy. I do think he has a chance to develop into a quality QB but 1st 2 rds I think is a bit on the risky side.
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,318 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Accuracy is one of his strengths.
  7. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,318 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    The biggest knock was the offense he played in I believe. He doesn't have great arm strength, but his arm is good enough to play in the NFL.
  8. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I think I got him confused. Dalton is described as a west coast QB, if I have it right this time.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,852 Messages
    1,691 Likes Received
    Penington. Got all the intangibles in the world but in the end had too weak an arm and kept getting injured. First you have to be able to make the throws- all of them.
  10. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,087 Messages
    3,075 Likes Received
    Naw, red hair.
  11. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,429 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    Amen brother. If the Graham Harrell's of this world were to have come out this year you would be looking at a top 10 pick. I get the makeup of the kid, Dalton I mean, but that's about it. Teams are really scraping the bottom of the barrell's this year!