1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFP:Lockout Could be Blessing for Undrafted Free Agents

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, May 3, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    lockout gives agents and teams more time to strategically place undrafted free agents. Jack Bechta

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Lockout-could-be-blessing-for-undrafted-free-agents.html
    Print This Send This May 03, 2011, 04:00 PM EST .Add a Comment .
    Historically, the moment the sixth round starts, so do the calls to agents from teams laying the groundwork to sign undrafted free agents. Coaches, scouts and GM’s start recruiting the player and agent to sign with them immediately after the draft, even trying to get a verbal agreement to a deal prior to the draft being over. With lockout eliminating the annual worst two hours of the year for an agent after this years’ draft, business will be conducted somewhat differently this year. When the time comes, there will still be a feeding frenzy to sign these players but both sides will be more prepared - and it could benefit the undrafted free agents more than ever.
  2. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,604 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I could see where UDFA could benefit, but I still bet this lockout has most UDFA as nervous as a dog trying to pass a peach seed.

Craig
  3. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,899 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Dangit. Those judges need to get on their job and make their ruling. I don't think I can take it any longer.
  4. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,804 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    The longer this lockout goes, the less time these UDFA's are going to have to impress the teams they are trying to make. A longer lockout also favors incumbent players who know the systems. I see very little benefit for these UDFA's if there is a prolonged lockout.