1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NHL lockout over...

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Risen Star, Jan 6, 2013.

1. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,576 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    lol so you want it to be the football and basketball network?
  2. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,363 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Man I knew the Islanders would have a hard time beating the Bruins. They have a deep bench. One of the best, if not best teams in the NHL.
  3. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,332 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    i'm sad that the lockout is over....now all sports scores tickers and highlights shows will now force us to suffer through hockey "highlights" and scores before they get to sports that anyone cares about...
    was really nice not to have hockey. If only we could get rid of baseball, hockey, nascar, Xgames, and golf.....i could actually tolerate sports center
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,334 Messages
    999 Likes Received
    The Bruins are REAL good, though I do have questions about their D corps.

Is this a joke?

First of all, hockey is hardly ever on sportscenter. Second of all, that would only leave like 2 sports left :confused:
  5. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,752 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    This season has been great fun thus far. Devs are undefeated with Marty and the PK looking great. Rangers and Flyers are having bombs of seasons. Kings are playing like the team they actually are. All is well in hockey world
  6. RastaRocket

5,576 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Dang that sucks.
  7. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great now I'll have to avoid this crap sport.
  8. RastaRocket

5,576 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    You should really give hockey a chance and seriously follow the sport for one season. It's an incredible game, and the fact that it is currently out of the mainstream is really nice. When you follow the NHL, it feels much different than the NFL, NBA, and MLB. I think the culture around hockey is very unique for an American sport and once you understand that culture it is so much fun to be around.
  9. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,558 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Since you're talking about SportsCenter, those 2 sports would be soccer and women's basketball.
  10. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

1,844 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Essentially the same group that won the cup. Hamilton is exceeding all expectations early in his pro career.

Goal tending is the question mark for me. Rask is seen as the second coming by many but he hasn't proven anything yet. If/when he goes down an even less experienced Khudobin becomes the man.
  11. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

1,844 Messages
    29 Likes Received

This would be a great season to give hockey a chance.

As much as the lockout sucked the shortened season already has a playoff feel.

Every game counts.
  12. Boys122

1,363 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I've never been more excited about a hockey season. Well, since 1982-83.
  13. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,332 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    can get rid of those also. Never heard of anyone anywhere who turned on sports center, or any sports highlight show, EVER to look for soccer or women's basketball highlights. Ditto golf.
    I could handle baseball highlights if it were restricted to the playoffs or end of the regular season. No one cares about the other 180 games, heck the players themselves barely do.
    ESPN could restrict itself to football, basketball, MMA, and playoffs only Hockey and Baseball and its ratings would probably improve.
  14. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,752 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    What are you talking about? You think basketball is more compelling than the MLB? I'm somewhat of a basketball fan but good god can it get boring fast. Especially in todays NBA. Basically be: The Heat,Celtics,Thunder or have no shot at winning ever
  15. RastaRocket

5,576 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    [youtube]OohqTf5uvkY[/youtube]

I challenge you to watch hockey this season and not like it. It's probably the purist sport in America right now.
  16. RastaRocket

5,576 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    [youtube]0otLHeiYeDA[/youtube]
  17. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,533 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    well after two poor games in a row, the Pens get back in the win column.

Go Pens
  18. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well I enjoyed hockey alot I was really enjoying the "sport" until the lockout ended
  19. Boys122

1,363 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Okay, we get it, you don't like hockey.
  20. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

14,927 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    My Canadiens are off to a good start at 3-1.

Too bad Max is out after an emergency appendectomy. Subban is still unsigned.