1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Nice Dirk Interview

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by honyock, Feb 14, 2013.

1. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,401 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...-shot-artist-and-refusing-to-watch-shark-tank

Nice Q&A, covering not resigning Tyson Chandler, injury struggles, how his game has developed over time, the 2011 championship run, Shawn Marion's ugly jumper, and "Shark Tank". Really classy guy.

2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,472 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received
    Dirk is a Dallas sports icon.
    He represents everything you want in a superstar, teammate, and overall person.
    Man, he was a lethal assassin vs the Heat in those Finals and the game he is referring to is legendary. I still have it recorded and watch that ending from time to time--especially beginning wear Wade was showing up the bench.

Dirk is a Hall of Famer for sure.
  3. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,401 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    He should be a first ballot shoo-in. I had the last 10 minutes of game 2 and game 6 from the Finals on my dvr for awhile, and I'd watch them about once a week. Then they accidentally got deleted off the dvr. Bummer! What a great series.
  4. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,971 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    [youtube]tJB0vneSv0E[/youtube]

Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirk.
  5. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,133 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Total class act. In my top 3 athletes ever.Would love to meet him.
  6. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Well-Known Member

1,024 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    In North Texas sports history, only a handful of Cowboys might go down as greater - maybe only Staubach and Landry, couple of others. Outside the Cowboys, nobody can touch Dirk except maybe Nolan Ryan.
  7. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,971 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Nolan Ryan could touch him but Nolan Ryan was not a career ranger. I never considered Ryan to be a Ranger until he bought the team. Dirk ha only played in Dallas.
  8. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    One of the greatest players ever, there is absolutely no way he isn't a first ballot hall of famer. I hope him, Timmy, Kobe, KG, Allen and Manu all go in the same class, it would the best class ever!