1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Nice recognition for Bledsoe

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CIWhitefish, Sep 15, 2005.

1. CIWhitefish

CIWhitefish Member

782 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Cowboys | Bledsoe Named NFC Offensive Player of the Week
    Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:10:52 -0700

Dallas Cowboys QB Drew Bledsoe has been named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week.

From KFFL.com

It's early but at least it's positive!
  2. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,604 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Quincy Carter won O player of the week once also .. back when he beat SF in 2002.

Don't make too much out of it.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,014 Messages
    1,580 Likes Received
    Bledsoe is not making a big deal out of it why can't the fans? As long as Drew is focused on the upcoming game that is what matters in the meantime many of us who support Bledsoe and have had to listen to his critics many of them here at this site for the last few months should be feeling good about Drew performance, not so much I told you so but damn happy he has shown he can still do the job.
  4. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,232 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Let me get this straight.....Anything that QC won automatically gets water thrown on it? Makes it less than it is?

Some people's hatred for QC......STILL!
  5. CIWhitefish

CIWhitefish Member

782 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Too many people look at players, including Q, as either good or bad. Q could be both. His problem was being consistent. I'd wager his personal demons had a lot to do with that.

As for Bledsoe, like I said, it's early. No one should go too crazy about this but at least it's a positive. We could be coming off a loss and a 3 pick game.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,014 Messages
    1,580 Likes Received
    I agree, Carter is no longer here time some people move on with their lives. Carter won player of the week once that was great but he is not a member of this team and why he is constantly brought into any conversation is beyond me.
  7. SteveOS

SteveOS Dedicated to Sports Gaming

1,883 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let's hope he gets another after the Skins game. :)
  8. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,410 Messages
    1,444 Likes Received
    Oh geez.
  9. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Carter can treasure that honor and I was very proud of both him and the Cowboys when it happened... 4 years ago. Unfortunately for the Cowboy Nation, that was Carter's best and brightest performance wearing a star. I wish him well, and we've moved on.

No one is kidding themselves here-- Bledsoe and the Cowboys are going to have some rough moments this year, but I am really savoring this moment and enjoying it for Bledsoe because he really cam through for us. This has nothing to do with Quincy Carter. At all!
  10. austintodallas

austintodallas Consider Yourself Sucked

2,413 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    And he deserved it. What does that have to do with Bledsoe?