1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Nice weekend... if you don't like the Clintons

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Feb 11, 2008.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,297 Messages
    4,616 Likes Received
    Hillary loses states to Obama.

One of her top Staffers leaves...or is fired.

Bill loses the spoken word Grammy to...Obama.
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,858 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received
    JT will be coming for you real soon!
  3. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    didn't she hire a new campaign manager - a black person? her baiting looks to have backfired and now she's trying to do damage control

hint woman - try honesty and quit playing little reindeer games with our country.
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,079 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    She understands that word like her husband understands "sexual relations" and Hambrick understands "voluntary".
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,297 Messages
    4,616 Likes Received
    Not before you...again.
  6. WiPatfan

WiPatfan New Member

96 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I'm not a big JT fan -- I generally do not appreciate people who mindlessly sing the praises of one candidate (be s/he Obama, Hillary, Bush, McCain,...etc.) And at times JT has sounded like a typical Patriots' fan in his haughty gloating of how Hillary will crush Obama.

That said, I did read a recent thread from JT that stated he would support Obama for the democratic nomination if Obama were the candidate.

I respect JT's Democratic Party consistency in this regard.

JT knows, as we all do, that Obama now has a real chance to win the nomination. (My cynicism with the Clinton Machine keeps my optimism at bay, and I still think the Clinton's have the edge.)

Unlike JT, who is a loyal Democrat, I am an independent, and I reserve my right and priviledge to never vote for a Clinton ever again. (Yes, long ago, I did vote for Bill's moderate message.)

And unlike JT (I assume), I watched the Clinton Impeachment Hearings in the flesh, I saw what they did to this country first hand, and I will never understand why any Democrat thinks that returning the Clintons to Washington is a good idea.

My sober reason also tells me that I think John McCain is also a once-in-a-lifetime Republican candidate who can bring this country together. If Obama wins the nomination, it will not be easy to vote against McCain.
  7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,525 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Agreed. It's not over until the whir of the Clinton machine is silenced once and for all. There's a long way to go yet and we know how quickly momentum can change.

The Clinton love is puzzling on another level, too. Didn't democrats fare poorly in elections at almost every level during Bill's presidency? A president who can not inspire popular support for his/her party will not get their agenda through Congress.

McCain circa 2000 maybe. Not sure that's the case anymore given his staunch support for a pre-emptive war with which many people will never be reconciled. At this point, it seems that he can't even quell the divisions within his own party.
  8. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,079 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    I have been a Conservative my entire life ..... there is not a Conservative candidate this year.

But I am tired of the same old politics ..... I am tired of the Clinton's and to be honest I am tired of the Bush's.

I want something new ...... something different.

Neither Obama nor McCain would represent what I want out of a President.

But I would support either if they win it.

Obviously I would be pulling for McCain, but if Obama were to win I would give him every opportunity to earn my respect and my vote for the next election.

But as it stands right now McCain would have to be my guy ..... although I am under no illusions that he is the Conservative choice I would like to have.

Just please elect someone with our Countries best interest at heart and not just how much power they can obtain.
  9. burmafrd

41,858 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received
    the last time there was a candidate that had my whole hearted support was 1984. No one since then has even come close. Just the lesser of two evils.
    The poor dopes who are so fixated on the Iraq war are without a doubt the greatest threat to anything solid coming of this next election. With everything else that needs to be worried about, to fixate on any ONE thing is the dumbest policy of all.
  10. WiPatfan

WiPatfan New Member

96 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is yet another good point.

With all the competent men and women in the democratic party, why would they support somebody that makes a huge portion of the electorate's skin crawl?
  11. burmafrd

41,858 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received
    I am really suprised at how well Obama is doing; I have never really been that impressed with him. So inexperienced and young; but he does seem to be able to make the speeches and get peoples attention.
  12. WiPatfan

WiPatfan New Member

96 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's about the same age as Bill Clinton when Clinton was first elected to the Presidency.

He actually has more elected experience than Hillary and has a much more impressive body of work as far as successfully passing useful and significant laws (both in IL and in Washington.) That said, "experience" for both candidates will be relatively lacking compared to McCain.

If you live in Texas, I am sure an Obama rally will be coming your way very soon. Texas and Ohio are about to get hammered with Obama and Clinton.