1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Nick Barnett predicts Super Bowl for Green Bay Pack

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jul 3, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Nick Barnett predicts Super Bowl for Pack

Note, this was on NFL network today, if someone wanted to load up the podcast!

Posted by Evan Silva on July 3, 2010 3:57 PM ET
    The Green Bay Packers are a wildly popular pick to emerge as this year's NFC representative in Super Bowl XLV, and Packers linebacker Nick Barnett is unsurprisingly on the bandwagon.

Barnett appeared on NFL Network's Total Access program Friday night. Though Barnett admitted that "every year I think we're going to the Super Bowl," Green Bay's leading tackler segued Jamie Dukes' question about the Packers' first-half egg-laying in January's playoff loss into a prediction that the game "is just going to make our Super Bowl run that much sweeter [this] year."

Barnett gave his opinion on what went wrong in Green Bay's thrilling but ultimately season-ending, 51-45 postseason loss to Arizona.

"We run that game over and over in our head," he said. "And to be honest with you I think Kurt Warner was just on that time. We made some mistakes, but you know he picked it apart. When a quarterback's on like that he sees a mistake and ... attacks it, there's not too much you can do."

The Packers led the NFC in total defense during the 2009 regular season, so their early meltdown in the game was shocking. The Cardinals jumped out to a 17-0 first-quarter lead, and, despite some heroics from quarterback Aaron Rodgers, the Packers would never jump out in front.
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,147 Messages
    2,748 Likes Received
    Is it really much of a serious prediction if you predict the same thing every year?

This reminds me of Chris Berman predicting a Bills/49ers Super Bowl every year.
  3. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,700 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    :muttley:
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They will have a very good team...
  5. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't like him and his girly hair.
  6. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,601 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Did he say which season? I too can throw around the vague platitude with confidence that Green Bay may someday win another super bowl.
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,640 Messages
    1,110 Likes Received
    This guy talks to much. He'd be my least favorite player in the whole league if he was on the Gints.
  8. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

23,305 Messages
    3,540 Likes Received
    I guess Alex Smith was "just on" when he had perhaps his best performance of the year against GB.

I guess Roethlisberger was "just on" when he riddled that secondary for 503 yards.

Fact is, they had serious issues once Al Harris went out. Make all the excuses you want, it is just a simple fact.

If Warner didn't kill them, Brees or Favre or Romo would have. Guaranteed.

As much as people are talking up Dallas as a SB contender, I hope that GB starts getting more of the hype to take some of the pressure off the Cowboys. They will have problems stopping teams that can pass the ball, pass rush or not.
  9. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well I think you are seeing that. From what I've read, they have a few more people picking them than we do.

I think they are absolutely a legit pick.

I'm the first one to knock Rodgers when I see someone rank him ahead of Romo. Still can't figure out why he gets so much love without a playoff win, while that's all you heard about Romo prior to him getting one.

Either way, I do like him a lot. He, Rivers and Romo are right up there in that top echelon QB group that hasn't won a championship. Choosing one over the others is like splitting hairs.

And I like the rest of the team. I'm guessing we play them for them for the NFC Championship.
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,463 Messages
    1,966 Likes Received
    I'm really getting sick of Green Bay.
  11. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

23,305 Messages
    3,540 Likes Received
    Of all the losses last year, none bothered me more than that one.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,603 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    They already do.
  13. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,388 Messages
    1,731 Likes Received
    We'll see if they fixed that offensive line. They played above their heads against us, because Aaron Rodgers spent most of last season a) running for his life, or b) getting punished in the pocket.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,603 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    They adjusted their play calling midway through the year and it made all the difference in the world. Rodgers was getting rid of the ball much quicker and the routes were shorter. Made up for an average OL.
  15. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It bothered me too. I kind of reminded me of the 2008 loss to the Ravens.

The way the game started out, we clearly looked like the better team. Our defense was in a control mode. Just didn't feel like they could do anything against us. However, some 2nd Q offensive mishaps/turnovers really hurt and kept us from creating a little distance.

Then the momentum began turning in the 3rd Q. We get behind and all of the sudden we can't protect Romo.

With all this said, it still wasn't worse than the Giants in week 2. In all my 30 yrs watching the Cowboys, I don't believe I've ever seen us rush for over 200 yards and loose a game.