1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Nick Eatman speculates new OC may be coming - Post #7

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Parcells4Life, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Avenging Hayseed

Avenging Hayseed Interwebs fooseball expert

2,262 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I think Jerry is sick to death of all the losing. Injuries, young team, old team, ect ect,...Its ALWAYS something with the same ole end result.

Think he is going ALL IN for next season. Norv as O.C , Lovie as D.C.
  2. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,177 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    well, his OL did not exactly set the NFL on fire :D
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,736 Messages
    558 Likes Received
    Ouch....
  4. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,322 Messages
    860 Likes Received
    Judy Trammell next to go!
  5. Hopeuhavechange

Hopeuhavechange New Member

145 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not uncomfortable yet. Unless it's Jerry himself. Then I'll squirm.
  6. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

1,213 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    No to Norv!!
  7. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,311 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    True, maybe I should have said it differently. What he's doing is undermining his authority and making a mockery of the cowboys, again. Then JG will be the scapegoat when it doesn't work and then he will be fired!
  8. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,220 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    first people hate it when jones meddles, now they demand it so they can hate him all over again.

mystifying.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    I really liked our coaching staff this season, but I'd consider bringing in Norv and upgrading DC (if we actually get an upgrade there) to be pretty great moves.

Don't understand the thinking behind Skip Peete, though, unless they're just making room for a passing game coordinator and OL/running game coordinator. That makes some sense, I guess.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    He's really just positioning his argument to support the general anti-JG agenda. I don't think he really wants our HC cut off at the knees.
  11. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

way to form your own story and sell it as fact.....no oone knows how or why this went down yet....put the pitch forks away
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,764 Messages
    1,968 Likes Received
    Im not a fan of it because they are doing everything they can to save Jason.

Get rid of him and let a new coach actually bring in their own coaches instead of Jerry cutting Jason off at the knee's.

Don't hire Wade Phillips and force a scrub like Garrett on him and don't keep Garrett just to hire a new staff for him.
  13. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,549 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    can't be because Jerry complained publicly that Garret did not run an offense that played to Romo and this offense very well so....
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Yeah, it looks like Jerry is doing everything he can to salvage Garrett.

He must have done something really impressive at one point to warrant such confidence. Perhaps he set up some WiFi in JJ's office. You know how impressed old people get over that type of witchcraft.
  15. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,347 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    Salvage Garrett to what? The fan base? The players? I don't get that at all. We don't even know what if anything is being done.

People filling in those gaps though. Unless you are able to directly control events, the world is as it is and not how you want it to be.
  16. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,225 Messages
    2,043 Likes Received
    This is a great point. While I don't know for sure, I believe most head coaches assemble their staff. Jerry has continually gone against the grain on this.

If Garrett is going to be a puppet, then fire him and get a real head coach.

If Garrett is this wunderkind, and Jerry brings in a DC and OC that manage the different squads, that then better produce immediately. Like yesterday.

Because the insulation just became paper thin for Opie.
  17. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,829 Messages
    1,777 Likes Received
    That is because he is "aggressive".
  18. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What Kubiak did to save his job after 5 years he kind of had Wade forced on him by the Texans after he went threw like three coordinators. This is not the first time or last time we seen HC stays and shake up a roster liek this. Why is everyone assuming Jerry has anything to do with this he was the one who wanted to stay with a 3-4 and it looks Jason is going back to Dallas roots as 4-3
  19. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Active Member

608 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    Callahan's been named the Defensive Coordinator. :D
  20. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Who knows?

Probably himself seeing as how he pretty much promised him the HC job back in 2007. You realize he didn't even have a job title when hired, he was simply hired. It was only later that he was given a title. Odds are Jerry was contemplating turning things over to him at that point but instead asked Wade to tutor him a bit. Well that was a mistake because Wade is probably a horrible HC to model oneself after and here he is 6 years later having wasted a significant portion of the core's careers on tutoring sessions and on the job training.

Cutting bait now and getting a real coach who actually starts getting the results he expects and moving the team through the playoffs will only serve to remind him of what a horrible mistake he made 6 years ago.

Who knows why but I think it's clear he's protecting Garrett for some reason.