1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NKorea declares end to 1953 armistice...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ThaBigP, May 27, 2009.

1. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    I do think we will see this conflict reignite
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,943 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Unfortunately there is a very mentally unstable dictator manning the nuclear button...
  4. canters

canters Active Member

1,797 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    And the MSM here largely ignores this issue and the trouble it brings with an inexperienced Obama in office. Instead, we see a MSM obsessed with Michelle's clothes, Barry's dog, his golf game, "historic" SCOTUS nominations, etc. I just hope he still has W's home phone number.
  5. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Obama will uses his jedi mind tricks on him and everything will be fine.
  6. canters

canters Active Member

1,797 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Yeah, raise taxes some more and close Gitmo....the pot belly dictator in N Korea will like us more.
  7. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    So with their pull out, we are back at war with North Korea. Time to start sinking their ships and confiscating their merchant vessels. Starve them out. One thing that has been bothering me is I get the feeling that Kim Jong Ill has a dead mans switch on his WMD Arsenal once he dies...they launch.
  8. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,943 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Cosigned...
  9. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    ya know - i grow tired of the MSM excuse. you've got the internet and a billion places to go look for news that makes you happy, so why don't you? it would seem to be better to create a world you like than sit in one you don't and wait for it to change.
  10. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    now that would be a trip. but to do that you have to have buy in from everyone else under you to pull it off. you think such a cowardly action would go well in korea? i tihnk they'd tell him "sure sure - we got it!" and lie to him. how's he going to test that?
  11. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    That could well be true, but it really doesn't matter because Obama isn't going to do anything different then the last two administrations. He is going to pay them to shut the hell up. I will be shocked if he does anything other than bow to them and give them what ever they demand. This just goes to show what a failure Powell was during the last administration. Now it may be to late to get the stupid genie back in the bottle.
  12. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Which makes it even that much more important that we do something before their abilities get even greater.
  13. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    In more than one place?

:confused:
  14. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,846 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I'm of half a mind to say why should we do anything? It's in Russia's and China's backyard - let them handle the problem. They are the ones who have opposed us every step of the way.

But it's pretty funny how South Korea, a nation that 10 years ago wanted us to get the hell out, is all of a sudden our BFF again.
  15. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received

The whole country is brainwashed. The people there live is huge states of poverty, its almost as bad as a concentration camp in WWII. Unless you are in the military or in the government, you are not eating well at all and are damn near starving.
  16. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,846 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I am not sure this is anything we haven't already seen before. Maybe I am just misremembering, but I think we've already seen North Korea make statements along these lines in the past.

AFAIC, until they actually start shootin', then the 1953 Armistice remains in effect (despite anything Wikipedia might say).
  17. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Lighting off Nukes does not count as a violation? I don't know for sure, but I think it would.
  18. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Rely on china to look after the interest of the US and our allies in the region?
  19. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Why not? China is our largest creditor. Let them protect their investment.

;)

j/k
  20. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorry for yet another Star Wars reference, but this is starting to smell like
    [IMG]

Too many forces converging against us for me to think this is all just one big, happy coincidence. I'm just as concerned with *what else* is going on right now that all eyes are too busy to see...we're too busy watching lil' Kim pop off his nuclear firecrackers and short-range missiles.