1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Nnamdi and the Jets

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Jenky, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,243 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    Nnamdi Asomugha - DB - Raiders
    NFL Network's Michael Lombardi hears that talks between talk surrounding the Jets and free agent Nnamdi Asomugha are "serious an I mean serious."
    Related: Jets
    Source: Michael Lombardi on Twitter Jul 27, 9:49 AM

How insane would that be? The #1 and #2 Corners in the ENTIRE league on the same team.
  2. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,243 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    Nnamdi Asomugha - DB - Raiders
    NFL Network's Michael Lombardi hears that talks between talk surrounding the Jets and free agent Nnamdi Asomugha are "serious and I mean serious."
    With free agency about to hit the 24-hour mark, the Jets are the only team that has been linked to Asomugha. He may be willing to take less to play in New York for a contender and players such as Mark Sanchez are reportedly willing to restructure their deals to make it work. There is a major chance that the two best corners in the league will be lining up across from each other next season.
    Related: Jets
    Source: Michael Lombardi on Twitter Jul 27, 9:49 AM
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,109 Messages
    4,436 Likes Received
    That would be a killer combo at CB.
  4. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,243 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    Week 1 will be brutal for us if this happens. I can see our 2 starting WR's potentially being neutralized. On top of that, you'd think we'd just go to Witten all day. Guess what? He'd probably be double teamed with a LB and S every play.

You can only hope the Jets lose Santonio Holmes. Their offense *might* be their achilles' heel if this happens.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,004 Messages
    5,041 Likes Received
    No kidding.
  6. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,569 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    The only problem is as they said on NFLN, if this happens the Jets would be very thin at other positions and one inujury to those positions could devastate them with all of the money tied up to those two CB's. If we don't go a Nnamdi, I would not mind Jonathan Joseph from Cincy.
  7. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,633 Messages
    394 Likes Received
    I would attack them by calling screens and any other play where I can get an OL pulling with one goal in mind, seek out the CB and plant him in the turf. I would accept going 3 and out on the first 3 or 4 possesions if it meant getting several big shots on both of them in the 1st quarter. You don't think they'd be keeping one eye inside on each play the rest of the game?
  8. Cowboys Fan NJ

Cowboys Fan NJ Member

33 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would not be able to take those two on the Jets. The Jets and their fans are already approaching levels of hatred previously only achievable by the Giants for me, and this would pretty much seal the deal.

Can't stand them or their fat blabbermouth coach.
  9. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,535 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    Incarcerated Bob says that the Seahawks might be in on the sweepstakes now.