1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Nnamdi wanted to be an Eagle

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Meat-O-Rama, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,251 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    LINK

Peter King says he took less money to go to Philly.

If that's the case, you can stop crying about Jerry not having money or Jerry being lazy or stupid or anything else.

You can't sign a player who wants to play elsewhere.

And one league source just told me something that surprised me. “Nnamdi wanted to play in Philadelphia,” the source said. More than New York, where Rex Ryan was planning to make Asomugha and Revis his defensive centerpieces? Yes, the source said.
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He figured it was easier to reach the Superbowl in the NFC with the Eagirls...
  3. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,501 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    if that's the case then he'll get what he deserves....haha
    what a fool.
  4. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    He said on NFLN that he wants to win, that's why you play the game. Said that he knows about the success the Eagles had, and that he feels this is a good opportunity to win.
  5. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    If that's the case I just lost respect for the guy. He chose the easiest route to get a championship. I hope this season backfires on Philly.
  6. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can't call him a fool... On paper the Eagirls might appear to be a better team than the Cowboys to him.
  7. 2233boys

2233boys Benched

2,283 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They are a better team.
  8. Bluestang

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received

Hope he factored in the fact that Vick has never had an injury free season and the backup is Vince Young. Bottom line is this guy thinks the easiest way to get a ring is with the Eagles. I hope that works out for him. The NFC East is no AFC West.
  9. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,288 Messages
    2,707 Likes Received
    Go root for them, then.

Let us know how this looks when you get there, too:

:trophy:
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,596 Messages
    1,560 Likes Received
    to the uneducated.
  11. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Hell must have frozen over.

Someone actually wants to be an Eagle? :eek:
  12. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,540 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    TBD. That is why they play the games.
  13. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,061 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He took the money and went to a contender.....

Cant fault him with that.....how many players we see that just go where the money is.

He got both.....Eagles will contend......but it sure will be funny when the Cowboys win the East :)
  14. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion... As for me, I say play the games, I don't care for paper champions.
  15. Bluestang

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    I am going to laugh when the Eagles fall flat on their face again this year. Bryan Broaddus even expressed concerns on their D Coordinator. In all the time that he has known him he has never once coached A DEFENSE.
  16. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,579 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    I cant blame him. Took less money to go to a team he thinks are closer to a Championship. He wants to win now.
  17. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,239 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    First off, the eagirls are not a better team. They did not have more money to offer than the Jets but they had more money to offer than we did. We let go of Barber, roy , Davis, Colombo etc because they were not producing anymore, but also because we were way over the CAP and we needed to get below the cap. We got below the cap, but not enough to out bid the Jets and the eagirls, besides, Nnamdi if not a lockdown CB, he is a very good 30 something CB, just like Asante (who will most likely be traded). Nnamdi, Asante, and DRC cannot hold our WRs, Miles pooped Nnamdi for 145yds when we played them and he had problems with Roy. The eagirls is just winning on paper, on the field it will be different.

We will sweep the eagirls this season.
  18. Crash Override

Crash Override Member

61 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Was it about going to a contender? The Jets have been in their conference championship for the past two years, and if the initial reports before Philly made their offer was that he was going to take less money to go to Dallas, and this is saying he took less money to go to Philly, then New York must have been the team with the biggest offer.

So presumably it's not about money or playing for a contender, but he thought it was the best fit, or he wanted to play with the guys they had there? I don't think it was their defensive coordinator...
  19. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,308 Messages
    2,113 Likes Received
    Does anyone else really believe that he got offers of more than $12m from some other team?

He came down from his $15m salary at Oakland but I get every indication that our $10m offer was second best to the Eagles $12m.
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,459 Messages
    8,349 Likes Received
    I'd think the Jets are just as appealing to a guy who wants to win. Back to back championship games. Emerging QB. Defensive genius.