1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

No Cowboys Throwback Helmets

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Muhast, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ees-told-teams-not-to-wear-throwback-helmets/

The NFL Competition Committee told NFL teams not to wear Throwback helmets. The short version was they feel players shouldn't switch to a different helmet they aren't used to wearing and playing in, just for appearences. The league didn't say you can't wear throwbacks, but if Dallas wants to wear its Thanksgiving Throwbacks, it would have to do so with the Silver Helmet.

Surely the NFL and teams could afford to just remove the decal, and paint the helmets the players are comfortable with? It's not like a throwback helmet is the same technology worn in 1960. Its just a different color shell essentially.

Thoughts?
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  2. Titleist

Titleist Well-Known Member

661 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    I'm not sure that the silver helmet would jive well with the navy and white throwback uniform IMO.

If the NFL really will hold their ground on this issue, then we should just play the Thanksgiving game in our blue jerseys.

Can't say i'm surprised. No fun league at it again.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  3. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    If they aren't going to wear the helmet that goes with the old uniforms I wouldn't bother.

The silver helmet would look awful with the throwback uni's.

They have billions of dollars. They can't come up with new "old" helmets?
    AmishCowboy likes this.
  4. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,806 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Its not the helmets are "old" its just that the players don't wear them game after game. So they would basically be wearing helmets they haven't worn before, and the league thinks that uncomfortableness will lead to them not being secured properly, or being protective enough to prevent head injuries. Hence, no helmets.
  5. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    I understand this but it seems very silly to me with all the money available to them not to have safe helmets. Throwback or not.
    theranchsucks likes this.
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Alright. No clown suits this year.
    rcaldw and AmishCowboy like this.
  7. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,234 Likes Received
    Great news! I hate the throwback nonsense.
  8. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,279 Messages
    445 Likes Received
    Thats lame. The dallas throwback uniforms are the best uniform in the league.
    tico, brymatt94, TheCowboy and 3 others like this.
  9. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Well-Known Member

1,032 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    I was never a big fan of the throwback uniforms, but I wouldn't mind seeing the 1994 uniforms. They were the nicest I have ever seen, and it would allow them to use the same helmets.
  10. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,637 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    Wow they are just changing this league totally. What a joke
    Muhast likes this.
  11. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,166 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Couldnt agree more! Those were the 75th anniverary unis? I believe thats what they were called
    CyberB0b likes this.
  12. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,119 Messages
    312 Likes Received
    Good. I guess we can bring back the best jersey, the double star jersey from the 1994 season! Can't wait!
  13. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,672 Messages
    870 Likes Received
    While they're at it, I hope they get rid of the pink that comes every October.
  14. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,325 Messages
    582 Likes Received
    It is all about the head injuries.
  15. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,482 Messages
    958 Likes Received
    I don't mind the pink because it is for a very good cause, but it would be nice if the NFL limited it to one week.
  16. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,709 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    per the article

I think it sucks, but I think the Cowboys will comply. Jerry and Co are not the rebels they once were so I see them complying and wear the silver helmets.
  17. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

725 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    Im actually pretty pissed off about this. All my Authentic Jerseys (Romo, Owens, and Dez) are the throwback thanksgiving jerseys, with the exception of my Romo authentic away jersey. The team not wearing them at all is what really has me irked but also the fact that if they DO wear them, they have to wear the silver helmets which don't match at all.

NFL is so ridciulously corny.
  18. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,827 Messages
    1,071 Likes Received
    Thanks OK. Those helmets were ugly anyway.
  19. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,614 Messages
    1,344 Likes Received
    NFL trying its best to look like its actually concerned about player safety.
  20. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,177 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    Maybe bring back the royal blue jerseys and striped socks. And everybody wear black shoes.:D