1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

No extension for Spencer

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by bkight13, Jul 15, 2013.

1. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,321 Messages
    622 Likes Received
    I like Lee a lot, but I think the hype is greater than the results. He is a very good MLB but I don't see the Hall of Fame in his future. I wouldn't overpay for either Lee or Spencer, but they are the type of players I want on my Defense for the next few years.
  2. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,574 Messages
    188 Likes Received
    ........proven pass rusher?..............nope-jury is out , proven against the run--yes
  3. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,321 Messages
    622 Likes Received
    He had 11 sacks and 95 tackles last year from OLB and has averaged 7 a year for 4 years with a bunch of pressures. I just don't get the Spencer questions.
  4. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,690 Messages
    2,448 Likes Received
    I don't think Spencer is going to get (in '14) what he think he is.
  5. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Paul Kruger only got 5-years $40 mil and he's 27, while Osi Umensomething got 2-years $8.55 mil and he's 31 so maybe Spencer will get something in between?
  6. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    The magic age for good football players is 31. After that age there tends to be a steep drop in the league el of play. So in Lee's case you anticipate 4 more good years but in Spencers case you expect only 2 more good years.
  7. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,690 Messages
    2,448 Likes Received
    There's some merit to that.

I think the Cowboys were talking around $6 mil per year... But I think Spencer has delusions of grandeur.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,401 Messages
    2,115 Likes Received
    I think their inability to do this is what put them in this current position.
  9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,401 Messages
    2,115 Likes Received
    I'd say any time a guy doubles what would reasonably be expected based on multiple years, there's probably questions about what you'll get going forward.