1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: No more Pink Flags

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Doomsday101, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,409 Messages
    1,880 Likes Received
    NFL spokesman Michael Signora confirmed to NFL Media that the flags -- used to promote the NFL's breast cancer awareness initiative -- will no longer be used after Week 5.

Other pink equipment will remain part of the NFL landscape through Week 7. That includes: cleats, wristbands, gloves, sideline hats, helmet decals, captains' patches, chin cups, shoe laces, skull caps, sideline towels, eye shield decals and quarterback towels.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t5
    dallasdave likes this.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,917 Messages
    4,780 Likes Received
    Good. I can't believe they didn't see that problem coming in the first place.
    Muhast likes this.
  3. Sean50Lee

Sean50Lee Active Member

569 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Am I the only one who hates all the pink? I know its for a good cause but come on, its so bad looking.
    Muhast likes this.
  4. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,431 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    They take it to far. Putting a ribbon the field, and on the sideline apparel is plenty. Cleats,Gloves,Towels,Belts,Captain patch, chin straps, mouth pieces, wrist bands, etc is just too much. I like that they are supporting it, but I always thought it was bizarre that they don't do anything for Prostate or Testicular cancer. Unless i've just missed it. The NFL is doing wounded warrior gear this year btw. Hats with the bill in camo with a wounded warrior ribbon on the back.
    Sean50Lee likes this.
  5. Sean50Lee

Sean50Lee Active Member

569 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    It just gives everybody another reason to not like Rodger Goodell. And I agree with every thing you said.
  6. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    That take it waaay too far. The NFL is super strict about everything else uniform related but somehow lets the players go wild with pink. Is it so wrong to stick to team colors? You can promote breast cancer awareness with a field logo, commercials, and using NFL talent to further the cause without going overboard on the field. Or just make it one game a year.
    Muhast likes this.
  7. Doomsday101

75,409 Messages
    1,880 Likes Received
    I keep requesting for topless cheerleaders during the month of Oct. It just continues to fall on deaf ears. :)
  8. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,431 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Probably the best suggestion to date :)
  9. Doomsday101

75,409 Messages
    1,880 Likes Received
    I know it would make me donate a lot more. I'll make it rain!!!! lol
  10. riverside4

riverside4 Active Member

212 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Im sick of it myself it wouldnt bother me if it was for all cancers but the breast thing has been getting crazy are we that obsessed with breasts in this country. I find it hard to believe in this day and age that a women doesn't know to ck there breasts just ask a guy i bet he would be happy to help.
  11. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,764 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    long overdue. if they nfl wants to worry about human health they should focus on concussions.
  12. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,221 Messages
    1,947 Likes Received
    Long overdue? They used them for 1 week.
  13. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,656 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    Thank you, thank you very much. Elvis has left the building.