1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

No one wants to discuss "The Chuckle?"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by KB1122, Nov 11, 2013.

1. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,296 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    I thought this would be message board gold .... after the Saints score to go up 35-10, the camera looks over at Tony Romo on the sideline. His back is to the camera, and Kyle Orton is sitting down next to where Romo is standing. Romo apparently says something, and Orton starts laughing.

I have to say, it really bugged me. The team was getting its tail kicked in. And the quarterbacks are over on the sideline cracking jokes.
    mahoneybill likes this.
  2. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    ..... people dont want Dez Bryant getting fired up on the sidelines, and they dont want Tony Romo keeping it light and happy, what do you all want?
  3. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

4,924 Messages
    912 Likes Received
    Romo - "You want to take over for me?"

Orton - *chuckles* "No thanks, Tony. No thanks."

Ridiculous thread.
  4. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

550 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    I'd prefer Dez's antics over players yucking it up during a blow out.

Maybe that's just me. If the team is playing like garbage I don't want to see players laughing as if they don't care. I want to see them angry about their performance and holding each other accountable.
  5. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,508 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    Probably said something to the effect.............my sandlot play moving Dez into the slot once, got more than Garretts Scheme all nite combined.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,692 Messages
    3,642 Likes Received
    yes, I remember it. no point discussing it anymore. it's obvious by now romo does not hurt when we lose like aikman did.
  7. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,720 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Not just you man. Not just you.
    Zordon likes this.
  8. MathewSK81

MathewSK81 Member

85 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    People read WAY too much into what the cameras show on the sideline. I did not see this one in particular but I know I've "chuckled" out of frustration before. You probably have done it yourself. You give a half laugh while saying something like, "Man, can you believe this s#!t.".
  9. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,164 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Nah, not really.
  10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,167 Messages
    1,343 Likes Received
    I don't think Aikman was ever used to it. Romo is trained to take on disappointment. That is all his career has been since the Seattle playoff game.

The day Parcells left and all of his good young coaches too was the day the shipped sailed for us.

We've had crap coaching ever since then.
    50cent, khiladi, BigStar and 4 others like this.
  11. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

750 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    There was a whole lot of ugly on the field to worry about instead of what kinda comment Romo might have made on the sideline.
    He might have commented on how many drinks Jerry had by then up in the luxury box. I would have put the o/u at 7.5......
  12. fgoodwin

fgoodwin Active Member

1,145 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    khiladi likes this.
  13. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,391 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Exactly what I was thinking. And yes: ridiculous thread.
  14. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,722 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Woodson was on espn radio two weeks ago.

He said even in practice Troy had total command of the offense because he was confrontational and nipped everything in the bud before it became an issue even in practice so that on game day no one ever questioned him in the huddle or sidelines. He was able to handle Irvin yelling for the ball all the time and keeping everyone united.

Woodson said romo is not a confrontational guy and that its just not who he is. He said romo is the type of guy to be himself and let other players just be themselves more or less. I took that to mean that romo feels like everyone just do their part and we can win.

But given the dez tirade on the sideline it would appear that romo is the type of persona to believe that each player should be accountable to them self and to winning.

Where as Troy was the type to let you know that u were playing in his offense.

Now I'm not saying that a Qb can't lead a team in the manner that romo takes. But this team is young and appears to have maturity issues and may therefore need a more forceful hand than romo is used to giving.
    khiladi and Zordon like this.
  15. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,608 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    lol. Can't help but love all the couch potatoes here who think they know what was said or what was going on based off of two seconds of camera shot on the sideline. Thank God those people weren't able to ever play big league football.
    CxC1993, Lonestar94 and cowboyblue31 like this.
  16. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,759 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I'd hate to watch a game with people like you. Getting all whiny during losses, lighten up, it's a game
    ajk23az likes this.
  17. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

12,854 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    Hoov likes this.
  18. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,133 Messages
    752 Likes Received
    Wow. I opened this thread hoping you we're talking about Chucky. :)
  19. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,054 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    Ignore the overweight 40 year old men who think they know it all.
  20. whynot

whynot Active Member

110 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Wait. So ORTON chuckles and it's ROMO'S fault.

I know it was a tough game to watch, but surely there's better things to analyze and whine about than the backup QB having a laugh. You guys need to calm down a tad...
    Cas2800 likes this.