1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

No question Tony romo needs to be extended

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by crashintonickdm, Dec 4, 2012.

1. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,602 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    Where did I say he was awful? What is up with this forum and putting words in people's mouth to the extreme? 100 yards and 1 TD is not beast mode in any way, shape or form.
  2. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Active Member

707 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    Everyone annointed cam last year too and look at what happened.

Espn sucks
  3. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,777 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    Alex Smith has a 104. Their stats are similar, not a lot of yards, not a lot of TD's, low interception %.
  4. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Active Member

707 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    Look at the article on espn.com

Sorry Eli/coughlin, rg3 here to stay.

Completely reactionary, and silly sports writing
  5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,236 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    good points

1) all those injured players will come back next year so we are set at pretty much every position

2) now that all other positions have been adequately addressed (esp OL), perhaps we should give up our #1 and #3 for wallace or just trade up into the top 10 for a 'stretch the field' WR. hw are defenses going to stop us when we have wallace, Dez, and miles on the field together?

3) for depth, we can spend the rest of the picks on 'back-ups', we havent addressed the backups in alomst 3 years now (since the 2009 draft)
  6. SDCowboy85

14,602 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    People get WAY too caught up in how flashy he is on the field. If he didn't have the flash and all he had was his actual production, nobody would even be talking about him. He's having a very solid rookie season, but the media and fans already have him as an elite QB and it's absurd. I wouldn't be shocked if DC already has statues commissioned for him.
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,776 Messages
    526 Likes Received
    I agree with you completely.

But I will not make excuses ...... I was wrong about thinking the o-line would be decent this year during the off-season.

They have to fix it this off-season.
  8. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,777 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    I agree. It's obvious he has talent, but sooner or later NFL defenses will catch up to what he is doing and he will have to adapt. We will see if he can, one thing is for sure, he won't have a long career if he continues playing like this.
  9. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,828 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    The reason people are raving about him is he is an extremely accurate passer, he RARELY ever turns the ball over(4 int's on the year) even though he has a horrible offensive line and average to below average receivers, he has ELITE speed when he decides to use it, he is grounded and an obvious leader on his team and motivates everyone around him, and he is extremely smart.

He is surrounded by a team full of quitters except for London Fletcher and yet he can still motivate them enough to want to play to the best of their abilities.

But yea, he is over rated and flashy.
  10. SDCowboy85

14,602 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    Most QBs that throw the ball as seldom as he does, have high completion %. It's no different than Alex Smith. The only difference between the two is one is flashy and the other is like watching paint dry.
  11. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,312 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    Classic prisoner of the moment. League will figure him out and the gimmick offense just like they did with Cam, heard similar things last yr too.

He got praised for the fumble that turned into a td, it's ridiculous.
  12. SDCowboy85

14,602 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    I saw that. Only RG3 gets praised for a fumble. The double standards in the media and with fans is absurd. He produces at no higher of a level than Alex Smith yet one is seen as bus driving garbage and the other is seen as a god.
  13. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,687 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    Extending a soon to be 33 year old QB on a team that's going nowhere is a sure fire recipe for success.
  14. ufcrules1

6,828 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    Right, Alex Smith is just as good as RG3. Alex Smith would have lost his job to RG3 if RG3 played in San Fran. I wonder why?
  15. SDCowboy85

14,602 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    You are proving my point. Thanks.
  16. ufcrules1

6,828 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    Agreed. Qb's get better the older they get. I think he is having his best statistical season this year.
  17. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,841 Messages
    3,845 Likes Received
    props for admitting that.
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,771 Messages
    1,196 Likes Received
    One thing I haven't really heard anywhere...maybe Tony tabled contract talks because he doesn't want to be in Dallas anymore. It doesn't look like he's having any fun, and I'm sure he's sick of the fans/media/Jerryworld circus.

I wouldn't be shocked if he plays out next year and tests the FA market.
  19. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    If im Romo ... why would i spend my last contract playing for this team? And if I do sign here i make Jerry way overpay cause i know they have no backup plan at QB. Like Top 5 QB money ... manning, brady, brees.
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,667 Messages
    4,544 Likes Received
    This would be an awesome sarcastic post, if any of those things were things I'd actually consider doing. As it is, you're addressing a cartoon you're arguing with in your own head, and seem to be winning that debate. Good work!