1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

No Riley Cooper Thread?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    What i find funny about this, is the fact that out of the entire Eagles locker room, so far Shady McCoy is the only one who has come out and said he can't forgive Cooper for this, and he "can't respect a man who does that".. yet he is about the worst character witness out of the entire Eagles locker room, save MAYBE Mike Vick. Bet you're glad your teammates can all forgive you for treating women like garbage.. guess your teammates don't deserve that same forgiveness though, huh?

Guy is a great running back.. but a loser human being.
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,087 Messages
    5,633 Likes Received
    So I looked up the Lesean Mccoy thing with his son's mother. Trying to figure out where your disdain was coming from. So we're mad that he went after her on twitter, although reading the article on the situation, she wasn't innocent in that incident. They both were dumb and par for the course when you get caught slipping with a groupie. *shrug*
  3. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    He berated, insulted, and embarassed the mother of his child on a public forum. As a man, i wouldn't say some of the things he said on his twitter in private to a woman, let alone for the world to see.

Not only that, but he was also sued about a month before that argument came out, from a woman who was invited onto Shady's "Party Bus" with about 15 other women, and when he started spraying water on the girls, she complained, and in reaction to that, Shady told his bodyguard to "get her" and they knocked her to the ground, then physically held her down and poured a beverage into her hair and over her entire body, soaking her clothes, and then told the bus driver to stop and physically ejected her from the bus on the new jersey turnpike in the middle of december.

After people on the bus yelled about it, they scooped her off the side of the road, brought her back on and then stopped at the next rest station and dumped her again.

Class act, this guy.. certainly the voice of reason on social issues in America.

He's a joke.
  4. WoodysGirl

66,087 Messages
    5,633 Likes Received
    Well having read the exchange that she started, she's no prize.. So I don't really hold that against him. She went after the father of her son almost as he went after the mother of his son, soo... *shrug*

I'll read up on this and give my opinion later.
  5. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I never said she was a prize.. just said as a man, i wouldn't never say some of the things he said to any woman in private, let alone in a public forum.

Your logic here seems to be the same logic than men use to justify hitting women.. "well, she's kind of a *****, so i had to hit her".

To add to that, if he was looking for a "prize", maybe knocking up some groupie chick he met at a party wasn't a good idea to begin with.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,790 Messages
    5,198 Likes Received
    don't tell that to @RoyTheHammer
  7. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Am I on twitter now? lol

Oh yea, big Eagles fan right here, Zordy. ;)
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,790 Messages
    5,198 Likes Received
    The players are not happy how this was handled. They should have just cut him immediately yesterday and been done with it. Now you have players being asked about the incident, anonymous quotes going at Riley, anonymous quotes calling out the coach. This is why I put my thread in the Fan Zone yesterday. Our rival is crumbling. Be happy.
  9. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

1,025 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    Couldn't happen to a better fanbase.
  10. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,900 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    We could probably turn this thread into 30 pages, but I'll leave it at this: in a world full of such violence and hate, what Cooper said is pretty low on the totem pole. We have civilians being captured, tortured and beheaded in Syria. In Mexico, children are stolen from their homes and ordered to run drugs for cartels in fear of being killed. Genocide continues to occur in Africa and other places with barely a sniff on the news about it much less any help on the way.

If we think that violence towards Cooper or anybody else who spews hateful words is an end to the means, then really we're no different than the people who are making this world a lesser place.

He's going to spend the rest of his life ostracized and regretful of what he said in his drunken stupor knowing that he's 'that guy'; to me, that's punishment enough.
  11. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,717 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I cannot believe the amount of attention this non-story is getting. I doubt 99% of football fans had even heard of Riley Cooper until a couple days ago. I just can't get worked up over the fact that some guy I never heard of turned out to be a real butthole.
  12. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    ..and it still has nothing to do with the Cowboys, which is why it is in here. ;)
  13. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    From most accounts, he's actually not a butt hole. Made a mistake.. big one, but a mistake.
  14. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

959 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    really hope they were taking Allen's comments out of context and he meant "absolutely someone will target Cooper" and not that he would be targeting him
  15. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,546 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    I'm a mick Cowboys fan living in Ireland and have quite a few Eagles fans that are friends, he was is well known name on the team, like I would put hm around Ogletree on the Cowboys last year, if you know ball you know them. Also this happened last month? What gave it traction now?
  16. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,717 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    ESPN decided they were going to milk this story for as many ratings points as possible, so they've been shoving it down our throats all day today, so naturally people are going to forums like this to talk about it.

Don't worry... they'll soon go back to their usual programming: A neverending loop of the Clowney hit on the Michigan RB from last season.
  17. WoodysGirl

66,087 Messages
    5,633 Likes Received
    Per ********... no link, because it contains the video.

We checked in with Crossing Broad to see if they ended up paying the $100:
  18. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,044 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Why is it so hard for White people to understand that they shouldn't use the word. We (whites) have surpressed pretty much every other race and have racial slurs for them all. If Blacks want to use it so what. Just because they use it doesn't mean you have to.

I also laugh when people act like the word Cracker is offensive. Apparently the term came from when we would crack the whip during slave times.
  19. WoodysGirl

66,087 Messages
    5,633 Likes Received
    That's not my logic, at all. You're looking at it from a male perspective. I'm looking at it from both perspectives. As a lady, I wouldn't go on twitter and denigrate my kid's father by suggesting he has STDs and questioning the size of his manhood. All I'm saying is that they're both clueless in that scenario.
  20. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I agree, they were both wrong in what they said.

That doesn't make him any less of a jerk for what he said.. amongst the other things he's done to disrespect women.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.