1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

No rueing letting Jeff Fisher get away?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by InmanRoshi, Sep 24, 2013.

1. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I detect a distinct lack of rueing over Jeff Fisher after Sunday, given how much roar there was to bring him to Dallas a few years ago. Which I guess isn't a surprise after Callahan took him behind the coaching woodshed and dominated his defense in every facet of the game on Sunday.

I guess Fisher just needs more talent, because no one could expect him to put up a formidable Front 7 with just three defensive linemen drafted with Top 15 picks, an expensive free agent 3 tech,a first round draft pick outside linebacker, a middle linebacker taken with the 35th pick.

Only when you have world class talents like George Selvie and Nick Hayden can you expect to put a good defense on the field, which is why old man Kiffin and his antiquated defensive schemes are being masked.
  2. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,827 Messages
    1,598 Likes Received
    We need to just worry about this team
    TheCount, Doomsay and slomoxn like this.
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,954 Messages
    1,535 Likes Received
    You left out a free agent DB who several wanted Dallas to bring in.
    brymatt94 and gambit187 like this.
  4. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,749 Messages
    1,294 Likes Received
    I was surprised that we seemed to break the will of the rams like we did. I expected them to put up a fight. However, I am going to credit our team more than discredit the rams.
    No rueing over fisher tho, Garrett is our coach and I'll support him till he is not.
    brymatt94 likes this.
  5. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    Agreed. They are young and they are talented. If anyone can build them into a contender it is Fishy-Fishy.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,307 Messages
    4,633 Likes Received
  7. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    It is simple to explain. The Rams just didn't come to play. They are a much better team than Sunday's game indicated and Dallas is not as good as the game made them seem. Dallas had several of these type games themselves over the last few years. One of the worst was in Philly a couple if years ago when a bad Eagles team beat the Cowboys like a rented mule. Dallas didn't want to be there. It happens. When it comes to Fisher, he is a good coach. After the KC game, many fans would have been glad to have Fisher. Funny how one win changes things.
    Maxmadden, Wheeltax and Chocolate Lab like this.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    We may never know how close he was to coming here but I'd sure like to know. I always thought he was a good but not great coach. One thing for sure, Sunday was a very unpleasant day for him.
  9. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,891 Messages
    2,361 Likes Received
    i would take fisher over garrett as HC any day of the week
    Chocolate Lab likes this.
  10. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    That's some weapons grade quality Derp.
    Proximo, Vintage, Idgit and 3 others like this.
  11. visionary

7,891 Messages
    2,361 Likes Received

Weapons grade quality Derp >>>>> unnecessary, gratuitous, after-the-fact, call-out drivel in the opening post
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I think Fisher is a decent coach but not as high on him as others the guy has a .538 winning percentage. Heck Wade had a .581 winning percentage and people wanted him gone. Funny part as a HC it took Fisher 6 years before he got his team to post season before that he went 1-5, 7-9, 8-8, 8-8, 8-8 then they got over the hump. Maybe it shows that a HC needs time to get his team to the top
  13. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,527 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    Fisher is an incredibly overrated coach and anyone who would want him really only know his name, not his results.
    brymatt94 and preacher238 like this.
  14. preacher238

preacher238 Member

497 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait...you were serious??? That makes it even funnier!!!!
    brymatt94 likes this.
  15. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Why Garrett is in year 3 as Full time HC it took fisher 6 years before he got over 500. Why should Garrett not get some time to turn things around. All these other coaches get that why shouldn't Garrett?
    brymatt94 likes this.
  16. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

2,594 Messages
    1,092 Likes Received
    I'm glad that one game continues to be a referendum for the rest of the season around here.
  17. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    If Dallas ends up 2-3 over the next couple of games , ask yourself that question again. Jerry has missed out on several good coaches while giving Garrett his on the job training.
  18. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    all coaches start somewhere. What Fisher should have been given 6 years to win and now you guys look at him as a great HC. If Dallas ends up 2-0 or 3-1 over the next few games then what? I have said no matter who the HC is we hire they need time I give Garrett no more nor no less than any HC who would have been hired. As for passing up great coaches? the only ones out there are guys who have already been fired or guys who have never been HC.
  19. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,000 Messages
    7,746 Likes Received
    I'm a big fan of Fisher's, and I think he's actually doing good things with that Rams team, overall, but I didn't want him in DAL over Jason Garrett. I did think the Rams had an awful gameplan on Sunday, and was surprised they didn't make more or better half-time adjustments after we were up by three scores.
  20. visionary

7,891 Messages
    2,361 Likes Received
    right now, fisher is far more qualified than garrett as a HC, that does not mean in the long run garrett will not turn out to be the better coach (i hope he does)
    garrett is getting his chance, lets see what he does with it, so far the results have been less than stellar