1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Nolan Nawrocki - Gruden to the Cowboys (rumor)

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by rafaelgreco, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I could easily be wrong, but I don't believe any coach has won championships with 2 different franchises.
  2. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    see craig71's post above
  3. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Gruden, do whatever it takes to get him.:p:
  4. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,149 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    I would love to have Chucky as HC, but of course, you know the buttheads in New York and elsewhere will insist we have legitimate interviews with minority candidates as a facade before we hire Gruden.

That is why the Rooney Rule is flawed tremendously. If Jerry wants Gruden, he will get Gruden. Having to reinterview Mike Singletary will not change that decision.
  5. dallasdave

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Gruden as head coach and Norv Turner as off coordinator -once he is fired by the Chargers.;)
  6. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,841 Messages
    655 Likes Received
    I thought Jerry would never hire Parcells too. 0% chance.

Anything is possible.
  7. dallasdave

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Gruden, Gruden, Gruden :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
  8. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,231 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    Wow so now we have to settle for Coaches who can co-exist with Al Davis type lunatics. Which doesn't address the real issue that the Al Davis way doesn't work, didn't work in Oakland and hasn't work here for the past 16 years.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,006 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    Jerry wanted a stadium. Parcells coming off a divorce wanted to pad his retirement account. Short lived match made in heaven.
  10. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    -100% chance
  11. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,537 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    why do you want to wait another 14 years in order for him to win a super bowl?
  12. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,141 Messages
    1,887 Likes Received
    Unfortunately.

Rather than get the most of out of the core guys the team has now in Ware, Witten, Romo, Ratliff and others.........us fans get to watch an NFL version of The Apprentice in hopes that a guy who's spent his entire life around football can eventually master the basics of clock management.

While about as unlikely as it gets, 0% is probably too far to go.

Even if Jerry himself had said 0%, I'd still factor in the BS variable.
  13. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,141 Messages
    1,887 Likes Received
    That's because getting a coach who has won a SB and will be around for the long haul is pretty rare.

Anyone think the Patriots are in a hurry to get rid of Bill?

How about New Orleans and Payton?

McCarthy and Green Bay?

Tomlin?

What's percentage of players who have won a Superbowl were named "DeMarcus"?
  14. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,884 Messages
    2,244 Likes Received
    These reports are just dumb.
  15. tunahelper

tunahelper Active Member

3,902 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Gruden with rob ryan would have success in dallas. Garrett is inexperienced and his run as oc & hc has shown he is over his head.
  16. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,367 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    Norv would not be the OC in Dallas. Callahan would be the OC in Dallas I would think.. Callahan was Gruden's OC in Oakland when Chucky was the HC so I'd imagine that this would be how it would work in Dallas if this scenario ever played out, which it won't.

Anyhow, I would guess Callahan if the unrealistic ever came to fruition.
  17. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,367 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    I would not count on Ryan being the DC in Dallas if Gruden came aboard either. If Ryan continues to have a good defense this year, I would guess that he would probably have an offer or two from other teams. If we hired Gruden as HC and never considered Ryan, I would guess that he would move on. JMO
  18. dallasdave

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Bring in John-Boy
  19. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Say what you will, Jerry has won three superbowls. I know everyone says it was Jimmy that won, but Jerry won one with Switzer as the coach.

I don't believe for a second anyone would want to win more than Jerry. I alos think that this whole parity thing has limited the league to basically four teams that are perennial winners and the rest are just up and down.

Jerry can't do anything about the situation the team is in. He spent everything during the offseason to improve the defense, but now it is the offense that is hurting the team. You are only as good as you weakest link, and on offense that is our WR's. Lots of talent but no sense.

I guess we could pull th same crap Indie did last seaosn in the Suck for Luck contest, and get ourselves the best player in the draft. But I don;t see Jerry ever tanking a game for whatever reason.

I wish Madden football had never been invented because too many fans think that yuou can just swap player and win a championship. It doesn't work that way, but try telling that to the naysayers.
  20. dallasdave

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Get it done:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: