1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Norm Hitzges - On Parcell's Decision to go for Two

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Gossamer, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Gossamer

Gossamer Member

172 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Norm: As stunned as I was by some of the things that happened in the game, I will be frank with you, I was no where as near stunned by anything that happened in the game, as I was by several of Bill Parcells comments in the post game press conference.

Norm: First, there are only seventeen minutes gone in the game, they're ahead by one point after the touchdown, and they go for two.

Norm: Parcell's explanation?? " We have this chart. "

Norm: I have a question. Why do we have a coach?!? In that case, I would expect coach Parcells - for the rest of this year - to go for two every time he's up one! or up five! or up 12! Everytime for the rest of the year!!

Norm: By the way, this happened last year and weeks later, he went right back and didn't go for it!!!

Norm: IT IS LUNACY!, Hammer, LUNACY to say 'I throw out any question - any question of the game situation and go by this chart!

Norm: Isn't that what a coach gets paid to do - figure out the game situation?

Hammer: Yeah, the chart is all fine and dandy and you can use it as a reference point, but sometimes that chart - a chart doesn't think! - I mean, it just tells you tangible situations. It doesn't tell you the situations in a game. The time - the clock or where its at. It doesn't tell you any of that. Any yet, he wants to go for it!? There's no justification for it! All he did was put his team in a situation to where they had to play from a tied situation to win with a field goal whereas, if they would have kicked that extra point and made it like 99% of all people do in this league, according to the FOX numbers, then they are kneeling down on the ball and they're not going for a fieldgoal which leads to a game winning fieldgoal by the opposition.

Hammer: UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Norm: Next Bill Parcell's comment. 'I don't know if this is a set-back.'

Norm: You have got to be kid-ding-me!

Hammer: Well, its gonna take this team - well - they're gonna be over Kentucky - when they fly back - when they finally get their wits about 'em and they're gonna figure out they lost the game because it was a stunner! I mean they were going for the win and I think it should have been a relatively easy win - but they allowed Washington to hang around....

Norm: Well, they gave 'em 154 yards in penalties...
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    nothing to see here, just 2 idiots going at it
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    idiots that are dead on
  4. kbman

kbman Active Member

1,598 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I agree with Norm on this one......
  5. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,303 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    It isn't like it decided the game.

In the end, the Redskins probably go for two after Cooley's TD so we are tied at 20 instead 19.

Talk about missing the forest for the trees.
  6. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    yea, when parcells said "well we have this chart" my own impression was "so..."

it's like watching a cartoon death scene where bugs bunny takes 15 minutes to die.
  7. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Sort of sums up the last 3 years
  8. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,527 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    This might mean something if Norm wasn't an idiot.
  9. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,424 Messages
    735 Likes Received
    Last week these two idiots insisted that the Cowboys didn't win the game as much as the Panhers lost it because Keyshawn dropped a sure TD pass.

If that's the case, the Redskins didn't win, we gave them the game on TO's dropped TD pass.
  10. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,882 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    You ever consider that if the Skins did try for 2 under those circumstances that maybe we stop them?
  11. Ratmatt

Ratmatt Active Member

896 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    2 idiots that spoke the truth.
  12. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,303 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    Well, given the way everyone here claims we can't stop anyone, that is highly unlikely don't you think?
  13. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy Benched

306 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No there's only one...
  14. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    yeah, same as last week :jerk:
  15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,358 Messages
    3,659 Likes Received
    :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
  16. Ratmatt

Ratmatt Active Member

896 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    I agree,we don't have to blame the 2 point conversion for the loss.How about that this team is an inconsistent,undisciplined,mistake prone team.Very rarely do they get their ***** kicked.It's too many penalties,a missed assignment,a dropped ball,a costly turnover,a bad coaching decision.It's always something.This team has too much talent to not be a playoff team.If they are sitting at home come playoff time,this will be one of the most dissapointing seasons in quite a while.
  17. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    I disagree. Norm is 100% right.
  18. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,167 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    Poor performance by everyone associated with the Cowboys!
  19. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,086 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    That 2 point conversion did not decide this game. This game was decided by the players on the field who did not do their job.

You never know how a game would have gone if Dallas would have been up 19-18. Redskins call different plays, they go for it on 4th down when they decided to punt and so forth.

There are PLAYERS to blame for not doing there jobs and making this an EASY victory, if you want to blame the coaching staff for 1 point, go ahead, but the players mistakes costs us and easy 17 pts.
  20. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,056 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    Man, what is wrong with people?

What relevance does going for two have on the game at that point? None whatsoever.

The score was 6-5 on the failed attempt. If the 'Boys score a TD, it puts them up 13-5 and gives them an 8 point advantage, putting the 'Skins in a situation where they must go for two.

If the 'Boys kick a field goal, they're up 9-5, and a field goal can't tie it. If the 'Skins score a touchdown and kick the extra point (which they most likely would do), then it's 12-9 game, and the 'Boys only need a field goal to tie it. Which is what happened.

If the 'Skin's score a TD, then they probably go for two, because it puts them at 13-6 advantage making the 'Boys score a TD to tie.

All this media generated hype over a failed two point conversion. I've never seen such nonsense.