1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Norm Hitzges on the Offense

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jazzcat22, Jun 19, 2014.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Jerry wouldn't trade Romo for any QB. He has a financial and emotional investment in Romo and I think Jerry believes in Romo too much. Manziel had no chance with Dallas because of Romo. It wasn't just about Romo's contract either. Jerry's emotions is going to insure that Romo will be in Dallas for too long , because Jerry will not move on from him. The post-Aikman years are going to look like a picnic compared to these next few years unless Romo wants to retire. They sure are not going to want him to, no matter how much he declines. IMO
  2. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,275 Messages
    1,558 Likes Received
    Your opinion sounds more like you root for him to "decline". Jerry paid Romo to do his job. His job is not over yet.
    jazzcat22 likes this.
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    No quarrels with the offense honestly... It's time for the defense to step up. I'm calling it the no name defense.
    5Stars likes this.
  4. 5Stars

26,275 Messages
    1,558 Likes Received
    Sweet...! I hope you are right. BAM!

This is not your last year's *****...time to let the dogs out!

No Name Defense.
    CowboysYanksLakers likes this.
  5. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,825 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    They were top 5 in most categories last year. If they improve on 3rd down, they will be great.
    jobberone likes this.
  6. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    I've been saying it for awhile now - this offense is poised for greatness. It's the defense we have to worry about. But I am very excited for the potential of the Cowboys offense. It should be at least entertaining. Beasley should be better with an expanded role. Street has some ability after the catch. Dunbar, if he can just stay healthy, has moves on moves. Dez is a no-brainer - the guy is a Top 10 receiver in my mind. The offensive line very well maybe top 5 with the addition of Martin - barring that everything I have read about him is wrong. Murray is Murray - he is not exactly what you call a homerun threat because of his tendency to run out of gas and sometimes he seems to run to darkness but still I think most would agree he's a Top 10 running back in this league. Terrance Williams is solid - not overly fast and not particularly great in terms of YAC - but he'll move the chains. Witten is a top-tier chain's mover. Hopefully we see Escobar finally earn that 2nd round pick and from what I've read many believe he will. And finally the Linehan effect - what will it be? Part of me believes that beyond how great this offense has been over the years, I have left each season feeling as though that potential hasn't quite been realized for various reasons. The reason a few years ago was a combination of injuries and the offensive line. The latter should no longer be an issue. But with the cast of characters above Linehan/Romo will have the ability to spread the ball around and keep defenses off balance. The only question that remains is will they maximize their potential?
    jazzcat22 and 5Stars like this.
  7. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,515 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    The only thing missing is can Romo give us a good 16+ games. If so I agree; this offense should avg in the 30s. Shades of 2007; well up until the last quarter of the year.

Not trying to pooh on your thread. Just agreeing they should be very successful if Romo stays on his feet.
    jazzcat22 and 5Stars like this.
  8. CowboysYanksLakers

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Help spread the word... No Name Defense Lunch Pal and Hard Hat type of group!
    jday and 5Stars like this.
  9. 5Stars

26,275 Messages
    1,558 Likes Received
    Dog! I love it...!

No Name Defense

Bring it on! Respect is motivation, and the Cowboy defense was just embarrassed. Now, I bet they go change that reputation...
    jday and CowboysYanksLakers like this.
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Yeah they have something to prove no doubt about it!
    5Stars likes this.
  11. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    In the wake of the scrap yesterday Crawford was quoted as saying "I felt disrespected." Maybe it means nothing but I really hope he doesn't get used to being disrespected because that's exactly what I expect the 49ers to try and do.
    5Stars likes this.
  12. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,151 Messages
    1,918 Likes Received
    I think of you like a lifeguard at a swimming pool. Anytime someone speaks about Romo around here without drooling on their keyboard, or piling platitudes upon praise, you, like a lifeguard, wade into the pool and pull that guy aside.

What I find humorous is that you cannot fathom that someone would like Romo a great deal and still recognize his warts.

I once owned a 55 Ford. It was almost perfect. Actually one of the first cars with an in dash ported air conditioning system. The original radio worked. Ran like a top. Beautiful car.

Except.

If you know anything about cars, you know that there was a time when they made cars a sort of flesh color/pink. It was fashionable then. So the interior was pink.

I loved that car, but the interior was an eye sore. Everyone that saw it said so. But I loved that car, yet had to agree it had a flaw.

I love Romo and what he brings. He is the eye of the storm, and the team would not win as much as they do without him. But there are times he tries to do to much and in turn he puts the team in a position to lose.

You are now squirming because I said that.

But here's the deal. I can like him and still see his warts. I can speak about them and still have a perspective about the player and like him. It's okay. I don't need the lifeguard to come rescue me because I don't worship at the alter of Romo.

Perspective is the operative word here.
  13. TwoDeep3

6,151 Messages
    1,918 Likes Received
    I'd rather call them the consistently get off the fricken field on third down defense.
    5Stars likes this.
  14. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,876 Messages
    1,938 Likes Received
    I was hoping there would be some new insights into how they are running the offense with Linehan, not about the fact they essentially have the same offensive players as last year.
  15. 5Stars

26,275 Messages
    1,558 Likes Received
    I hope you feel better now...
  16. TwoDeep3

6,151 Messages
    1,918 Likes Received
    Probably a lot better than you do when your angst meter is in the red because someone says something about Romo you disagree with. Be sure to take your blood pressure medicine. You are too valuable to lose.
  17. 5Stars

26,275 Messages
    1,558 Likes Received
    And I hope those players work for there jobs...the hungry big uglies.
    jday likes this.
  18. 5Stars

26,275 Messages
    1,558 Likes Received
    Troll response....getting deeper.
  19. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,201 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    5Stars likes this.
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,457 Messages
    8,346 Likes Received
    The problem with the offense is we're one 34 year old bad back away from Brandon Weeden starting.

Defensive checkmate.