1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Norm Hitzges - Redskins maybe a "triple play"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by bula, Nov 20, 2012.

1. bula

bula Member

177 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    OUCH. Norm just said Redskins may be his first triple play pick of the year over the Cowboys.
  2. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,891 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    Me no understando. :confused:
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,578 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    Yeah, what's that mean, exactly?
  4. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received

Cowboys are a 3 point favorite this Thursday. The line started at -6 for the Cowboys. O/U started at 46.

He implied that the Redskins will win, win by >3 points and maybe the combined point total will be > 47.5 points?

Not sure on the 3rd one.
  5. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,205 Messages
    602 Likes Received
    dont think that what this means..but i could be wrong..

not only do the redskins not have to win..they just have to lose by less than 3

with that said, a triple play for norm probably just means that he likes it a lot..a single is probably something he semi likes..like a lean..a double play probably means he likes it enough to bet it..and a triple play is probably his biggest play so to speak, like a game of the year type of situation
  6. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    When you listen to his picks he'll say "TEAM minus the points" or "TEAM plus the points". In my feeble gambling knowledge, the first is a single play, second is a double play.

I could be, and probably am, wrong.
  7. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,893 Messages
    517 Likes Received
    And we are supposed to care what Norm says because why? I like his show, could care less about his picks of the poll.
  8. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Pole*. He's Polish.

He puts a lot of time into gambling odds and has weekly picks. He has a somewhat good track record this year. It's still interesting considering he does his research more than probably any of us on here.

Bottom.
  9. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    get back to my when you have a home run for me, norm. real one, too, none of that inside the park nonsense.
  10. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,893 Messages
    517 Likes Received
    He does none of that research. His interns and the other guys on the show do it all for him. My dad used to bet college and pro games using his picks because he was fascinated with how much he thought he knew. Never more than broke even over his years.
  11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,914 Messages
    1,681 Likes Received
    I dunno.

Win by more than 3 in the over is 3 single best in one. Of course, winning satisfies the straight up and the spread bets provided you pick the underdog.

Simply covering the spread and covering over is only 2 bets.

I think robert might be right.
  12. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,203 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    Breaking even is pretty good against Vegas spreads.
  13. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I crack up every time I see your avatar :laugh2:
  14. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

2,834 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    Spread
    Over/Under
    Moneyline
  15. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,042 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    I've never seen a post on here referencing anything positive Norm has to say about the Cowboys. Is he like the local Ed Werder???
  16. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    You should listen to him instead.
  17. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,637 Messages
    3,559 Likes Received
    he's very positive towards the boys. particularly garrett. every once in awhile he'll go off on everybody.
  18. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,380 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    This. I did not see or hear what was exactly wrote, but in gambling when someone says triple play, it usually means....

1. bet on the underdog with the points
    2. bet on the moneyline (a bet on the underdog to win outright)
    3. bet on the over or under

Also, usually a gambler will take all three of those bets and make one combined bet called a parlay which means if all three do win, it pays 5 to 1 odds.

For example, lets say I bet $100 on each of the first three bets and all win, I come out with around $360 (juice has been taken out and the moneyline odds figured in). Add in the parlay (another $100 bet), I win almost $900 risking $300 in total.

Lets say only two of those bets hit, the o/u and Wash +3.5 but not the moneyline bet (dallas wins by 3 or less). I would win $180 (from the two wins) and lose $100 (from the ML bet) for a total loss of $120. Add in the parlay loss of $100 to make it a total bet loss of $220. That is a bit better than losing $300 but not much.

Basically, Norm thinks this game will be a Washington win outright with the total score being the over (I think that is what he likes?) and feels strongly about it.

The question is..how many units does he think should be put on these bets ranging from 1 to 5. If 5, that means it is almost a lock or guaranteed to win but I rarely see those in the NFL, that is mostly for college ball.
  19. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,380 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    I forgot to add in the original $200 risked from the two wins, so it would be a total net loss of $20.
  20. bula

bula Member

177 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    GUYS .. when Norm says "Triple Play" in his picks of the Pole - hes betting 3x the normal bet on the play. Meaning, he feels its a complete lock. None of his 100s of picks this entire year have been more than a double play bet. This would be his first TRIPLE. Thats why I posted this. He's as good a handicapper as they come and if he is proposing a triple times bet on Washington and the spread +3, That says ALOT.