1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Norm just announced that Rayfield Wright & Madden are the Sr. Finalists for the HOF

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jlust22, Aug 24, 2005.

1. jlust22

jlust22 Member

523 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Good news. Let's hope it's a big Cowboy weekend next July in Canton. Norm just called Rayfield on the air to ask him if he heard the good news. Rayfield said Goose had just called him to tell him. He automatically goes into the final 15 for the Class of 2006.
  2. Charles

Charles Benched

3,409 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG] :starspin :bravo: :dance2: Great news
  3. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,390 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hope he gets in, I think Madden might get in, wonder if they will let both of them in.
  4. dstew60105

dstew60105 Active Member

1,768 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    <<Former Cowboy offensive lineman Rayfield Wright and John Madden are
    senior finalists for the 2006 Pro Football Hall of Fame. >>

I'm sure the anti-Dallas bias will keep him out.

Don
  5. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Just another player for us all to be PO'd about not getting in.

Screw the HoF.
  6. MinnesotaCowboy

MinnesotaCowboy Member

617 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    DMN reporting that the Senior Committee has recommended Madden and Rayfield Wright for the HOF.....story was not yet available. :bow:
  7. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,908 Messages
    11 Likes Received

Senior committe guys almost always get in. So what will the excuse be when Wright does not make it?
  8. Dat mans bro

Dat mans bro Member

225 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    when do they announce non senior people? hope Irvin and Aikman make it in together. :)
  9. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,046 Messages
    2,589 Likes Received
    About time. Good for him.

Now they need to "right" some more wrongs next few years.
  10. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,237 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    They'll just find another Steeler's backup from the 70's teams to induct over Rayfield. :rolleyes:
  11. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,323 Messages
    3,191 Likes Received
    Cowboys' Wright a Hall of Fame finalist

[size=-1]12:20 PM CDT on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 [/size]

[size=-1]By RICK GOSSELIN / The Dallas Morning News [/size]

CANTON, Ohio -- Former Cowboy offensive tackle Rayfield Wright and John Madden are senior finalists for the 2006 Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Also Online Audio: Rayfield Wright, Cliff Harris (Oct. 2004)

This is the second time in three years that Wright has been a finalist for the Hall of Fame.

Wright, who played for the Cowboys from 1967 to 1979, was named to the Pro Bowl six times and earned All-Pro honors five times as Dallas went to five Super Bowls, winning two.

Wright was inducted into the Cowboys' Ring of Honor last season along with safety Cliff Harris.

Wright was the first offensive lineman to make the Ring of Honor.

"Words cannot really express what went through my system when I got out on the field," Wright said at his induction last October. "I really felt like it's time to play. The first game that was played at Texas Stadium, I was in that game. You just want to go out and hit somebody."

Madden, a longtime broadcaster, coached the Raiders from 1969-79. His 103-32-7 record includes a victory over Minnesota in Super Bowl XI.

E-mail rgosselin@dallasnews.com

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/082505dnspohalloffame.a5b763ef.html
  12. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    The 3rd string punter from 78 isn't in yet
  13. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Active Member

2,390 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I think it would be a little to much for the HOF voters to let 3 cowboys in in one year.
  14. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Don't you mean 1
  15. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,934 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Probably the same as when Bob Hayes didn't make it when he was a Seniors Committee nominee two years ago.
  16. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,390 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    2 better be locks, Troy and Irvin. Hope Wright gets in too.
  17. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

I'm still PO'd about that.

Talking about how he didn't get in cuz of that green bay playoff game. Pathetic. Ignore his WHOLE CAREER, and focus on ONE game. :confused:

FUnny... they didn't keep Barry Sanders out of the HoF eventhough he had a playoff game with NEGATIVE rushing yards in his career. :rolleyes:

4 Cowboys screwed the last two years. DO NOT be surprised if Aikman gets screwed this year. I already know Irvin won't be in this year either.
  18. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

The only "Lock" for the HoF this year is Reggie White. Aikman and Irvin would be locks too if they hadn't played for the Cowboys.
  19. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,010 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    I wonder if this will screw Irvin and/or Aikman? No way they let more than one or at the most two Cowboys in.
  20. jlust22

jlust22 Member

523 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think Aikman and Wright will get in this year, but not Irvin. I e-mailed Goose before about Irvin's chances and he feels strongly that if he doesn't get in this year that he will be in the Class of 2007. He thinks Aikman will definitely make it in the Class of 2006. Hopefully, he will be right.