1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Norm projects Cowboys draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by InmanRoshi, Apr 24, 2012.

1. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I guess I wasn't specific enough. I want him to succeed and I know that he was dominant (I saw him play live multiple times), I just wouldn't take him in the 2nd round over players like Zeitler, Brooks and Jeff Allen. I never said he wasn't a good prospect, even if that was inferred, I just brought up the red flags about him.

I can't buy into a D2 prospect that played left tackle and is switching to guard in the NFL. Not in the 1st-2nd round.
  2. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,813 Messages
    2,237 Likes Received

That is understandable.

Our opinion on the guy just differs a little, but I agree that Zeitler is more pro ready that Silatolu... I just think Silatolu has more upside.
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,695 Messages
    1,904 Likes Received
    I actually like it.

We get some nice quality and can fill in a lot of holes as well.

I think that draft makes us a better football team.
  4. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received

Oh, I completely agree. It's just a matter of philosophy; higher floor versus higher ceiling. Give me the former in earlier rounds because in the first 2 I would want the least flawed prospects that are sure things. I asked one of his teammates how he thinks he'll do in the NFL as a guard.

The good thing about their spread offense is that he was forced to move on their zone read running plays and he is light on his feet. The Cowboys look like they are trying to transform their guards more into this mold and Silatolu can do it, no doubt.

With the Cowboys running woes, especially in the red zone, I would prefer a big bodied road grater like Brooks to pair with Livings. I trust the FO and staff though, there is a reason why they have their jobs :)
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,922 Messages
    1,231 Likes Received
    I don't know...Eugene Upshaw did pretty good for Oakland.
  6. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Roberto Garza, Darrell Green, Danieal Manning, Johnny Knox, Harvey Martin, Bernard Scott, Dominic Rhodes. Hopefully Raymond Radway can join that list.
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I think Brooks is more risky than Silatolu. At least with Silatolu you get the impression that he wants it. Brooks was just a guy at the MAC level, and moving up draft boards based on workout numbers.
  8. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    MAC > LSC

I would rather have Brooks in the 3rd over Silatolu in the 2nd.
  9. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Guy who dominates LSC > Someone who doesn't dominate at the MAC.

I wouldn't take Brooks until the 5th round, where he was scheduled to go before his workouts. Really I'm hoping Zeitler or Konz falls to #45.
  10. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I liked his draft. Norm did a good job here, imo. Dallas' defensive line is very talent deficient and very underwhelming (across the board), and Brockers would be a big upgrade in talent.

1. Brockers
    2. Silatolu
    3. Hayward
    4. (Adams)

I really like all those guys. He took 2 CBs, too.

I'd take Malik Jackson (34 DE) out of Tennessee if I went DL in the 4th.
  11. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,906 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    Amini is the only pick I liked. I'm gonna be pretty ticked off if Brockers is the pick.
  12. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

1,910 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    IR,
    Thanks for the recaps. They are greatly appreciated.