1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Norm says we should draft a runner with our high first rounder

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dadymat, Oct 31, 2010.

1. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    id go mental :bang2:
  2. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,528 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    No way, a complete waste, you get linemen LINEMEN
  3. vaturkey

vaturkey Active Member

401 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    It's not the RBs fault that they're getting hit by multiple defenders 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage.
  4. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,289 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    agree. there is not a back on the planet that could succeed with this OL.
  5. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,829 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    There's no lineman rated as high as we'll be drafting

I think what he was saying was you take BPA even if it's a RB
  6. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,361 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    It's amazing to watch a team like the Dolphins, who can find gems in lower rounds yet build around offensive linemen and smart players on defense. They simply manhandled the "for show" Bengals team.
  7. Jed_70

Jed_70 New Member

420 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No kidding. It won't matter who the RB is if the OL doesn't get fixed.

If they can upgrade at least two of the OL positions and find an upgrade over Houck I guarantee that Felix Jones will have a big year.
  8. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,095 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    great respect for Norm, but he's gone senile for the past few years. He has no idea or concept of how the NFL works anymore and he still thinking in '90's mode.
  9. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,554 Messages
    4,841 Likes Received
    Norm Hitzges is basically a clueless fan who breathes too much into the microphone.
  10. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,324 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    If that's the case then you try to trade down. If there are no takers, THEN you have no choice but to go BPA, I highly doubt that's going to be a RB next season. LBer? CB? Maybe, but I don't see a RB coming out of this draft that is top 5 material. The Broncos have proven over past years that you can pick guys out of the grocery line to run the football. The only prerequisite is a solid O-line. This team will succeed or fail next season with a direct correlation as to how they address the offensive line.
  11. Dcowboy84

Dcowboy84 Well-Known Member

1,124 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    he wasn't saying that we need to take RB, but that if Mark Ingram was there at our pick he would take him in a heartbeat
  12. Randy White

6,095 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    You mean the same team who got embarrassed by the Jets and Patriots and are 0-3 at home ?

The team who was ready to fire it's head coach last week and was called out by it's star receiver on a local radio show ?

yea.. it's " amazing " alright. .
  13. Randy White

6,095 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    and that would be STUPID.

Nothing against Ingram, but if this team takes a RB over a CB or even one of the stud DE/OLB that's available, or even trade down, they they deserve to go 3 and 13 again..

There are PLENTY of RBs who can do the same job that Ingram would do in Dallas. Again, nothing against him, but Norm and his cronies at that station need to get this through their numb skulls: " THE DALLAS COWBOYS ARE NOT A RUNNING TEAM. THIS ARE NOT THE '90's ANYMORE AND EMMITT SMITH IS NOT WALKING THROUGH THOSE DOORS .. " using my Rick Pitino impersonation.

After a new staff is set in ( first and foremost ), the acquistion of O-line ( mainly through FA this off-season ), Linebackers ( draft and free agency ) and CBs are the priority.

Running back ranks right above TEs, in the: QB, K, P, WR, and TEs in the list of priorities starting from bottom first to the top last.
  14. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Umm stupid idea... The offense line and DB's should be top priority.
  15. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,495 Messages
    981 Likes Received
    If Ingram is there it would be a no brainer.
  16. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,523 Messages
    2,211 Likes Received
    Between Barber being completely ineffective and Felix looking like crap, it's not that bad of an idea.

I cannot believe the backs that this team has are all fizzling out.

I'd start choice.
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,536 Messages
    1,716 Likes Received
    Felix looks slow and out of shape.
  18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,523 Messages
    2,211 Likes Received
    He also looks tentative.
  19. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,361 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    Uh, you do know that the Jets and Patriots are the better teams of the league?

Meanwhile, we're losing to the Jags and the Bears at home and lost to a very green Redskins team.

You do know that the Jets have Darrell Revis and the Pats have Tom Brady, two of the best players at their respective positions, and the Dolphins have exactly who is consider the best at his position?

I repeat, for a team that really doesn't have that many superstars, it's amazing what that team can do because it focuses on bread and butter, compared to our superstar lineup. :rolleyes:
  20. Randy White

6,095 Messages
    32 Likes Received

For that matter, then let's all admire the Raiders.. and Seattle.. how about those Rams ? and those Chiefs ? but wait, the Bucs from Tampa could be 5-2 at the end of the day, ahead of the SB champions, and they have less " superstars " than anybody. As a matter of fact, they have NONE... :rolleyes: