1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

North vs South Senior Bowl Game Thread

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 30, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,087 Messages
    5,637 Likes Received
    Anybody watching?
  2. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Sorry, after hearing how dominating he was in practice, the guy is getting abused by any DT lined up against him. Mayock said, he holds too much, based on what he saw in film.
  3. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    WG, please merge the thread. I created one, I commented about Mike Uapati (sp?) getting abused.
  4. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,255 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    In and out. Looking to see what the fuss with Iupati. Big man, isn't moving his feet, holds on almost every play. Cost the north a TD.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    But... But... We'd already decided that we couldn't get him, and were doomed without him...

;)

He does look kind of plodding out there.
  6. dallascowboyfanboy

dallascowboyfanboy Member

643 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yup he could have been called for holding on almost every play.
  7. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,255 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    He's not getting abused, but his first option is to grab the DL. Not impressive so far.
  8. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I told you he'd slide to us. ;)
  9. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Well in my opinion its getting abused. I.e. when you have to grab and hold on almost every play, then you are getting outplayed, which means he pretty much getting abused. No way that guy can play LT in NFL, anytime soon. Maybe in 2-3 years on Bench, maybe he will.

Even as Guard, it might be couple of years before he is NFL ready, with the way he has played so far. Its one thing to play well in Practice, but seems like game speed is totally different. Then add in NFL game speed, I don't see how this guy can be ready year one. Maybe year two, he might develop enough. So I don't see how this guy is top 15 talent yet. I guess as game goes on he might show why he is highly regarded.
  10. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,255 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    That better be a slide to the 4th or 5th. He needs alot of work. Looks like someone who always depended on his size to swallow DL.
  11. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    BTW, Tebow looks awful. I don't even know who the backup South QB is, but he'll look better.
  12. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,255 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    To me, abused means the DL is up, over and through him. None of that is happening. His first reaction to every snap is is grab and hold on. No one has beaten him.
  13. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Tebow, but I have a better release than he does.
  14. dallascowboyfanboy

643 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    lets sign one of these kickers
  15. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,255 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Shhh. Hos is gonna hunt you down. ;)
  16. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,968 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    Like I said the other day, he plays way too tall. He doesn't bend his knees and get any leverage, and it hurts his footwork because his base is too narrow. Dan Williams is built low enough to work under Iupati's pads on almost every play, and all Iupati can do is grab him and hold.

The team that drafts him had better hope it's just because he hasn't learned and developed proper technique yet, and not because he just can't bend his knees and play with leverage.
  17. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    HUh? Yeah, he was beaten. Mostly by inside moves. That Georgia guy, just plain easily beat him inside moves, probably basic of moves at DT. That guy was much smaller or looked smaller than Iuapati. Anyway, whatever your definition is, It don't matter, he is getting schooled so far. I don't consider Bull Rushed the only way to get abused.
  18. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    LOL at the hype of Iupati he looks awful. He can't even challenge for a guard spot on our o-line. After one series he's already off my #1 pick list.
  19. dallascowboyfanboy

643 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ciron Black from LSU looks good. protected Teabow's so far
  20. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    that Daryl Washington looks good. made a nice stop on the Tebow.