1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Norv Turner going to Cleveland as OC?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Coy, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Holdenteller67

Holdenteller67 Benched

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He probably is, as all Cowboys fans should be. Jones has destroyed this once proud franchise.
  2. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,698 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    Can't argue with that. I understand your frustration.
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,689 Messages
    1,900 Likes Received
    I'd like a coach that throws a lot of different formations, shortens the routes, and get players in a rhythm.

I'd like to do something like Green Bay is doing.
  4. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Guy knows how to score points.. Hoping the media is just trying to throw something out there. This was his 1st year running the Chargers where they didn't finish top 5 in PPG.
  5. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Cam Cameron come on down, you are the next contestant on the incompetent Dallas offensive coaching staff.
  6. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,399 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    The situation has potential, I admit that.

Norv with Richardson and Weeden, Watson, and Gordon and a decent OL...could be interesting.
  7. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Options.

Sparano, Whisenhunt, Mularkey, Gailey, Cameron. Who else am I missing?
  8. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,963 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Can't blame him, at his age why would you want to possibly relocate in a year. Because lets face it, if we're mediocre again next season Garrett is fired and Norv would have zero shot of getting the big job. Same reason there was zero chance Lovie would come here. Surprised some got their hopes up for that.
  9. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,963 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    As somebody that lives about 10 minutes from the Ravens training facility and has to constantly listen and watch news about the Ravens. I sure hope not. There is a reason a playoff team fired him weeks before the playoffs. When you don't even know how to use Ray Rice, one of the top weapons in the game, I think i'll (reluctantly) stick with Red as play caller.
  10. SkinsandTerps

7,399 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I agree 100%.

You have one of the best RBs in the league with a decent line...and don't exploit that. Flacco is servicable enough.
  11. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Jerry's probably on the phone with Chan Gailey as we speak.

It's gonna be uncomfortable.
  12. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,262 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    Carmichael?
  13. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,285 Messages
    893 Likes Received
    Gruden. :D
  14. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Ha ha Gruden wouldn't come here to be an OC.

He'll be an option to replace red in 2014 though. I don't think he leaves ESPN this year.
  15. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Missed him.
  16. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I have a ton of respect for Norv Turner as a playcaller. Like everyone else, I think he had a huge hand in the dynasty. Having said that, I'm glad he's not coming back. I think it would have been a bad message. I think this team's best chance is to have Garrett be THE guy.
  17. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    He might as well come in this year. Jerry has taken any credibility that Garrett had and flushed it down the toilet. I don't know how other fans look at this, but Garrett has lost any respect that I had for him. I think the players now know that he has no control of the team and Jerry is the one and only decision maker. At least Gruden doesn't have that black cloud hanging over him. Bring Gruden in this year and start over. There is no need in wasting another year by putting off the decision to fire Garrett.
  18. SkinsandTerps

7,399 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Speaking of Gruden, he apparently was very interested in the Carolina HC job if it became available. Otherwise he has turned down other offers to interview.
  19. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,970 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    Ain't happenin, IMO. And further, if they go 7-9 or 8-8 next season, Garrett will return as head coach based on...........
    "lets give him another year with these coordinators...cuz we're gittin' close.... we're real close" [said by jerry, followed by that used-car-salesman wink]
  20. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,443 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    If Dallas was just another 500 team, we wouldn't still be pulling the ratings we are. Whether the attention we get as "Americas Team" is a good or bad thing is debatable, as is whether that attention is warranted based on play on the field. But warranted or not, it's there. To call Dallas just another 500 team is silly.