1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Norv Turner going to Cleveland as OC?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Coy, Jan 10, 2013.

1. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,387 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    They are just another .500 team.

Ratings have nothing to do with that. The Redskins and Steelers draw ratings when they are bad too. Perhaps not to the level of the Cowboys...but look at the matchups. Cowboys are one of the most hated teams in sports. Some people watch the games to watch them lose.
  2. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,253 Messages
    655 Likes Received
    P. Schrager ‏@PSchrags
    Here's what I know on CLE situation-- Chud is HC, Norv is coming with him, Norv's son Scott Turner is too...D will move to a 3-4 scheme
  3. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,500 Messages
    416 Likes Received
    Cleveland would take meddling Jones in a heartbeat if it meant actually getting to .500 once every 20 years.
  4. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,568 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    Has there been anything but speculation that we are getting a new playcaller?
  5. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,015 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    This team is a punch-drunk mess.

It took Jerry Brown to die for goodness sake for the team to "come together" at the end of the season and we still dumped out.

As Parcells says..you are what your record says you are.

8-8.

If this were a new franchise just starting out in the NFL that would be reason to celebrate. We are far from that.

Norv was passed over for HC whe nJerrah hired Phillips. Why would he want to come back now and take over OC..?

I do not think he's coming here.

Not even sure we need him. Aren't there any other good up and cominfg potential OC candidates that want to step up..? Has to be.

:starspin RedBaLL ExPreSS:starspin
  6. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I'm not denying the fact that JG shouldn't be fired but I don't see Jerry firing him now, especially after he made Jason call Rob to fire him on his cell phone.

Jason is as much of the blame as Rob with his poor play calling and bad decision making. I believe Jerry keeps Garrett for one more year to prove himself. Now, all this talk about stripping his play calling would make sense to hire Gruden. Having said this I'm not 100% convinced he'll keep'em for 2013. I'm about 80% sure. :laugh2:
  7. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,631 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Maaaaan he says the same old crap over n over n over n over again. Smh!!
  8. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,475 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    So Norv would rather go to a place with no QB?
  9. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,388 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Get ready for Callahan being named as the full time OC and play caller.. Its lining up perfectly. Then Garrett can still have some say
  10. scrives

scrives Member

197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Norv is going to Cleveland Browns, I believe the following may happen:

Either Saprano will come in to coach Oline and Callahan will take over as OC and Play caller.

or

Jason will turn to Cam Camron. People will be upset but Cam jus did not forget how to Oc after all these years. The Ravens were in the AFC Championship last year after all. One of these two will happen. Get ready and mark it down!!!
  11. CowboysPhan

CowboysPhan Obsequious Cowboys Toadie

447 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    You don't think the head coach could "have some say" no matter who the OC was? He might or might not choose to have input, but any HC is going to have some say if he chooses. Frankly I'd be shocked if he didn't, since he's been the OC for several years he's not going to want to just turn it completely loose without any input.
  12. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,613 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    Good. I don't any more 90s throwbacks. Time to move forward not backward.
  13. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I have no idea what Jerruh's next move will be, but according to him it'll be uncomfortable.

Something has to be done on the offense. Who and what is anyone's guess. I'm thinking now that Norv is heading to Cleveland that it might be Chan Gailey. Why? I have no idea. Trying to figure out Jerruh is like trying to figure out the Rubik's cube.
  14. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Celibacy sucks.
  15. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    You'd be surprised what Norv can do with Weeden. Think about it Cleveland's offensive line is pretty good. He has Trent Richardson to for the run game.

Cleveland with Chud and Norv with that defense they have already will be a much improved team. JMO.
  16. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,890 Messages
    625 Likes Received
    Here is some talk on that scenario

http://www.cowboyszone.com/forums/dallascowboys.php?t=251209
  17. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,416 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    For those of us who want to see the run game established a bit better than what we've had lately, keep this in mind. Cam did not utilize Ray Rice very well. In fact, Ravens winning against Pittsburgh earlier this year, Ray Rice did not touch the ball one time in the 4th quarter. Ravens wound up losing the game.

That's all I need to know.
  18. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,161 Messages
    438 Likes Received
    Heck no to Cam Cameron. Rather go with Callahan.
  19. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,619 Messages
    1,254 Likes Received
    I know Sparano is a good O-line coach but how would he do as an OC?
  20. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I dunno he didn't do that well with the Jets. Who knows. I don't see what he can do better than Callahan with our OL either. We need more talent.

There's Tyron Smith and a huge drop off after that.